Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

It hurts when people make mean comments about my hair loss

Discussion in 'Girl Talk!' started by Nilli57211, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Nilli57211

Nilli57211 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm kind of upset right now. This guy on OkCupid that I have never talked to before sent me a message saying "YOUR BALDING BRO." That was all he said.

I am completely aware that I have Androgenetic Alopecia. I used to have such thick, beautiful hair, and it has thinned out a lot. I KNOW THIS. I don't need random strangers throwing it in my face like that. There is NOTHING that I can do about it at this point anyway, until one of these research teams comes through with a treatment. I have had to deal with this throughout my late teens and 20s, and it has made me so self-conscious.

Why did he have to message me like that? Just to be mean? If he didn't like my picture, he should have just left me alone! And I don't think it was even that bad of a picture anyway - the picture on there that shows my hair loss the most is the one attached, and I actually thought it was a pretty good picture until now. :(

Attached Files:

2. Barbarina

Barbarina Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Many people can raise, only by putting somebody else down.
    Stay strong (yeah,easy to say) There are more good people in this world than the bad ones, it is just the bad s***ts are always loud and tend to stick out more. Wonder which kind of inferiority complexes he has and what is his story that he is so cruel and bitter.

3. alohakels

alohakels Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You look lovely. Other people don't understand until they have to go through it themselves. So sorry for the mean comment. May a thousand warts take over his mean little body! (I like hexing meanies ;) )

- - - Updated - - -

You look lovely. Other people don't understand until they have to go through it themselves. So sorry for the mean comment. May a thousand warts take over his mean little body! (I like hexing meanies ;) )

4. ducksauce

ducksauce Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Some people are just mean. Don't give this idiot guy a second though… he's not worth any of your energy. You are a very pretty girl.

5. Ginger1113

Ginger1113 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Some people can be so cruel. You are a very pretty young lady. I just wanted to comment on something you said in your post because I too suffer with Androgenetic Alopecia. Are you in your 20's. Because there are some treatments available now and they usually work better for those who are younger. They may not work for everyone but there is spironolactone or of course rogaine. Have you ever tried either?

6. Ruth1613

Ruth1613 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Nilli, you are a pretty girl. Pretty is more important on the inside than on the outside, and this guy is clearly not very attractive inside. Hair can be enhanced or replaced, but an ugly soul will always show through eventually. I pity the poor girl who ends up with that loser.