Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Itching, burning , pimples, oily scalp

Discussion in 'Living with Androgenetic Alopecia' started by sarah1, Jun 4, 2017.

1. sarah1

sarah1 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi , I was taking Spironolactone and birth control pills for my alopecia. The dr didn't biopsy . He mentioned I have Anderogenatic alopecia .
    I stopped taking Spironolactone and birth control . Since , it didn't help.
    After I stopped medication My head became very itchy and it's burning . It's very oily and has pimples.
    Is there anyway I could get rid of pimples and my scalp stop itching and burning.
    Please need advice

2. LosingHope

LosingHope New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi... a word of caution. I too had stopped Spironolactone and BC pills and got major itching, oil and burning. Unfortunately a huge shed that is still going strong 9 months later happened and I fear I did irreversible damage. Lost 60% or more of my once gorgeous hair. I've heard itch/oil comes from too much testosterone and the burning is from low estrogen. My advice is to get back on ASAP before too much damage is done.

Had to post to try and help someone going thru what seems to be a carbon copy of my experience.

Also, see a fern about head pimples... could have something funky happening from a scalp perspective as well.

Hang in there and best of luck

3. elixirhtc

elixirhtc Member

Dislikes Received:
    It's very common when someting is used at the hair such oil or any past remedy for hair care then the itching most probably would be feeling by most of the people..