Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

It’s One Of Those Kinds Of Days (struggling)

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Universalis & Totalis' started by Sophie C, May 25, 2018.

1. Sophie C

Sophie C New Member

Dislikes Received:
    hi friends! So I am a 15 year old struggling with total hair loss and I recently got my new human hair lace front wig. I realize how lucky I am to be able to get this, but I’m just having one of those tough days. I miss in a sickening way the way I used to able to part my hair any way I wanted. Summer is coming up and I want nothing more than to get my hair wet and not have to worry about it. I dream of having super long hair. I miss being able to wash my hair every day because I hate the scent tha5 develops on the wig after a week. I want to put my hair up in a bun or a ponytail. I want to be able to dance with the same hairstyle as all the other girls in my ballet class. I feel so ugly when I don’t have it on and it has been causing me a lot of distress since summer is coming. I just feel like I somehow would be so much happier and my life would be just a tad easier if I had my hair.

2. Anita

Anita New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Sophie,

Oh my heart goes out to you. You are so young to have to go through total hair loss. For this I am truly sorry. I will say this though Sophie, that if I had to choose between let’s say blindness, or going deaf or hair loss, I would choose hair loss. I could still see my loved ones beautiful faces, and hear their laughter, join in sing-alongs...I guess what I am trying to say is that there is so much joy that can be found in life....and guess what, hair is really just an accessory. You can change your look with different wigs...Maybe even have some fun with different looks. Think about all the wigs that Kyle, Kim and Khloé wear unabashedly. It wigs, bang clip-ons and extensions are good enough for them, then we can make them work too! You know what? I lost my outer eyebrows too, and now they are tattooed. My eyelashes are got really skimpy—-so I wear fake eyelashes. I even had eyeliner tattooed on....and you know what? I feel better about myself. Now when I get up to go out early, I can put on some lipstick and blush, and I am out the door.....At some point I’ll need a wig, like my mother....Funny thing though, my Mom wore wigs, and she just said she had thin hair and a high forehead. No one mentioned that she had such extreme hair loss. Who knew? I never caught on until a few years ago, when I started losing my hair. (I’m 58)...I will tell you this though- Every day before I got up, she was dressed and made up. She always (and I really mean this) looked beautiful. So find what makes you feel beautiful and confident and be the best you that you can be : ). There are too many good things to look forward to in life to let wearing a wig get in your way....I sincerely wish you the best Sophie.

Sophie C likes this.
  3. Sophie C

Sophie C New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate it❤️