Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

It's time.

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by HopefulMama, Jan 6, 2012.

1. HopefulMama

HopefulMama Member

Dislikes Received:
    Deleted

#1 HopefulMama, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  2. RatsNest

RatsNest Guest

Congratulations! It is good to get to the next stage and make decisions about your situation. (I don't know if the roller coaster goes away, but the drops might not be as big!) Both Dov and Flora have very good reviews for the toppers they sell. They are both expensive too! I suppose the best thing to do would be to contact them and get advice from the source. I think you will be very happy in your decision.
    If you don't have lots of $$ to spend right away, there are synthetic toppers you could try just to see how they work. Good luck with everything.

3. Vlal

Vlal Guest

I think it depends on your budget as to where to start. If you are interested in the higher end of the market, as well as Dov and Flora, you could take a look at Yaffa and Kiki. Kathy Tonkin, who runs Wig Support, sells Kiki on her webstore - http://www.galleryofwigs.com/ecommerce/ ... ki-toppers. She also has toppers by some other manufacturers (some HH and some synthetic). If you are interested, I am sure she would be able to help you out with what options might be suitable from her stock.
    Yaffa have both VEHH and cuticle (remy) aligned hair options - http://www.yaffawigs.com/ and http://www.yaffawigsoutlet.com/
    Apparently Fortune Wigs will also custom make toppers on request - they seem willing to pretty much custom make anything (which is good) and offer two hair types - VEHH and cuticle aligned Asian (Mongolian I believe) hair.

4. Vlal

Vlal Guest

I think a lot of us have made choices based upon our hair (or hair loss) situation. I know I have had second thoughts about doing certain things because of having to deal with the cosmetic side of hair loss and thus, my apperance. The thing is, I think we become used to thinking like that if we are not careful and it's only when you have a wake-up moment, that you realise how absurd it is (and that other people who do not have hair loss or do not understand hair loss would think so) and that we shouldn't have to live our lives dictated by this.

5. Hayley

Hayley Guest

Hey HM!

I'm in a similar situation too, especially with wanting to find a topper that is natural with the same density as our bio hair and i bought a topper which was the wrong colour and on returning it they said they had discontinued that line. I think that might have been fate kicking in because i dont think it was right for me. Now I've got my eye on a Magic Snap by Revlon but i think i'll wait a bit longer first. Basically chickening out. I was in a dark place the last couple of months but i'm feeling more positive again now for some reason.

But i hope you find what you want and that they help give you a boost in confidence :)

6. Vlal

Vlal Guest

Wigs and hair pieces made by Yaffa Wigs! :laugh: Not Yaffa Oranges!!

7. Vlal

Vlal Guest

If you do consider that option, ask if you can return it (after just trying on) if it is not suitable. It is quite long to be worn side to side - so measure your head from side to side where you want to place it and see what you think. I think it probably does work better as a parting piece (a bit like the Jessica Simpson HH piece - which is a bit shorter in length and a little narrower in width). Is the area that you are trying to cover and compensate for more your crown than anything? There might be some crown (traditional fall) options that might work better.