Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Jan Marini Age Intervention Eyelash

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by Crystal, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Crystal

Crystal Guest

As a result of Alopecia ive lost my eyelashes...over the past few feeks ive been reading and researching about Talika Lipocils and how it stimulates new growth in the affected areas! I was gonna purchase it and give it a go however im in a bit of a problem now because ive come across another product on ebay which gurantees to work better than Talika Lipocils http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SALE-GINSENG-Lash ... otohosting

Has anyobody here used any of these products because i'd like some feedback as to which one is better and more effective? :?:

2. mawmaw

mawmaw Guest

Crystal,
    I haven't used these products but I have used Jan Marini's Age Intervention Eyelash. I can tell you it absolutely works! This product was discovered by a trial on glaucoma patients. Every patient reported eyelash growth. It is expensive but it does work. mawmaw

3. Crystal

Crystal Guest

Jan Marini's Age Intervention Eyelash costs a BOMB! :shock: Have your eyelashes actually grown back as a resut of alopecia? My eyelashes havent grown in about 7 years would it still work?

Here's some info i found:

The days of glueing on eyelash extensions could be numbered. A paint-on product in the pipeline is said to produce thick, lustrous lashes within three months. Jan Marini, the company behind the product, says: “It comes in the form of an eyeliner. When painted along the lash line, it stimulates hair growth and makes your lashes grown back thicker and darker. It is also great for people with alopecia.†:p :D

4. Crystal

Crystal Guest

5. mawmaw

mawmaw Guest

Crystal,
    I started using Jan Marini's product about 6 weeks before my facelift and my subsequent bout with what I think is Alopecia Areata. My eyelashes were thin and short...almost non existant. In those 6 weeks the growth was astounding...very much like the picture you posted but better. After my surgery I lost a few lashed on my left eye. I began using the product again and in two weeks they have grown substantially. Yes it is expensive but it worked for me. I will defenitely continue using it...might even try it on my bald spots! mawmaw

6. Crystal

Crystal Guest

Thanks for that mawmaw it really is expensive but seems like a promising product! :)

7. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am excited to try the Jan Marini product--I've never had beautiful lashes and with alopecia, they certainly haven't gotten any lusher or fuller! :wink: How and where do you order? You said it's expensive but what is the cost? I've spent so much on hair products that haven't worked--would be wonderful to spend some money on something that does!

8. Crystal

Crystal Guest

9. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Got mine today--I'm ready for a miracle!!

10. mawmaw

mawmaw Guest

Lily, please let us know if it works for you. It took me about 4-6 weeks before I noticed a change. At first they got longer and now they are getting darker. I have fair skin an my eyelashes were very light and now you can actually see them! good luck! mawmaw

11. Crystal

Crystal Guest

I've ordered mine and received it yesterday! I really hope it works!! btw it does stimulate growth doesnt it?

12. mawmaw

mawmaw Guest

Crystales I beleive it does. I lost a noticable amount of eyelashes on my left eye (why only on my left eye I don't know). I started using it again after my eyes healed and now they are growing back. Also, I saw on another website...I think it was http://www.dermastore.com that it worked on eyebrows too. blessings, mawmaw

13. Crystal

Crystal Guest

thanks so much 4 letting me know! :D and thanks for recommending this product to me!

14. Gorgi

Gorgi Guest

Jan Marini

If this product gave me back my face, I would be so happy. That's a lot of money, but if it worked.. my guess is that if it does, it is something we must use continuously or we will lose our lashes and brows again.

15. Gorgi

Gorgi Guest

Jan Marini

MawMaw,

Did alopecia take your lashes completely? It just seems that those of us with Alopecia Universalis have no hope of every growing back lashes and brows. And I hate the way I look - damn! I always look tired!!

16. mawmaw

mawmaw Guest

Georgi,
    I started using it before my Alopecia Areata and I saw significant growth. After my surgery, and my subsequent onset of Alopecia Areata, I lost a noticable amount of lashes on my left eye only. (No I didn't loose all of my lashes.) I did not use it for 6 weeks while my eyes healed from the eye lift. I started using the product again and now I am seeing growth on my left eye where the lashes fell out. Whether we have to use it continuously I can't say. I don't think it is like that but I don't know for sure. I think this product is relatively new so there probably isn't enough experience with different types of hair loss to claim anything. I know it is expensive. It is suppose to last for three months.

You mentioned you hated the way you look. Well you know I was thinking about that and i said the same thing before my face lift (double chin, sagging eyes, deep furrowed brow). Now I wish I still had my hair and my old face back. Are we ever satisfied? If Alopecia Areata has taught me anything it has taught me to be thankful for what I DO have. Looks like my hair line in front is going. No telling where this thing is going to take me. If I go bald I think I am going to get a tatto somewhere on my head. Just don't know what it's going to be yet. Any suggestions? Blessings, mawmaw

17. Volschick

Volschick Guest

Any updates on the Jan Marini eyelash product?

A make up artisit recommended that I try this product saying that she heard about it from a co-worker with alopecia who got great results. She worked for the MAC counter, so she wasn't selling it, just passing on the word. I am Alopecia Universalis and am reluctant to believe that anything really works, and really reluctant to spend alot of money on "hopeful" products. Except that recently I have had success with cortisone injections, olux and 5% minoxidil on my eyebrows and having my old eyebrows back has really lifted my spirits, enough to go to the MAC counter and get make-up to fill them in and show them off.