Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Jasons thin to thick

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Monika, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Monika

Monika Guest

I finally found Jasons thin to thick shampoo at a natural food co-op in Sacramento! I used it yesterday before I went to church for Easter Sunday. I have to say that my hair looked and felt a bit thicker! :D

2. Tinka

Tinka Guest

I like this stuff and use it probably 2x a week - but damn, is it just me, or does it smell like a port-o loo?

3. leg366

leg366 Guest

hi

the conditioner smells nice to me? I am not sure the shampoo does much but I rotate it in anyways.

Leg

4. Monika

Monika Guest

The smell doesn't bother me at all. I like it because of it's thick texture. Is it me or does the conditioner have like grain-like subtance in it?

5. Peony

Peony Guest

jason

i have mixed feelings about it. i always feel like i lose a lot more hair when i use the shampoo b/c it is so thick and non-foamy (damn sodium laurel sulfate) and it comes out so easily when i run my fingers through it. it seems to look good after the fact, but i don't know.

hey monka, how's it going btw? (depressed)

6. Prini

Prini Guest

hi

I made a mistake and bought Jason Tea Tree Shampoo, not the Thick to Thin. I didn't use it yet.

The bottle says it eliminates excessive dead cells and dandruff to normalize the scalp. I know Tea Tree Oil is known for anti-fungal problems. I have dandrfuff from time to time.

Anyone have good results with this?

Prini

7. colline

colline Guest

bought nixoril the 2% one is that good for hair loss i heard the 2% is better then the regular one

8. Prini

Prini Guest

Monika, I used Jasons Thin to Thick Shampoo last night, and it definitely made my hair look fuller. I'll rotate it with Revivogen.

Someone else told me about Avalon Organics Nourishing LAVENDER Shampoo.
    I tried it along with the conditioner and it makes my scalp feel very clean.

I remember when good old Herbal Essence and Suave for $1.00 did
    the trick. Ahhh, those Wella Ballsam days!!!

Prini

9. Prini

Prini Guest

Monika,
    I'm just noticing there's a funny smell. I wonder what causes it, anyway maybe it will be worth the trade off. I have to see how long this fullness lasts.

Take Care,

10. moviegirl

moviegirl Guest

Jason's Thin to Thick

Hi Prini,

Please keep us posted on how long this shampoo works for you. Hope this stuff works well!

Moviegirl

11. Prini

Prini Guest

Hair is still puffier today. Thanks for your well wishes.

12. moviegirl

moviegirl Guest

Jason's Thin to Thick

Hi Prini,

Were you overall satisfied with Jason's Thin to Thick Shampoo? Do you wash your hair every other day? Did your hair seem fuller?

Moviegirl

13. Prini

Prini Guest

Hi MovieGirl,

I wash twice a week, there's weeks I wash only once, which I know is bad, but mentally you'd have to see what happens to me on wash day and you'd understand.

Yes, I am pleased with the shampoo because it makes my hair fuller.
    It has a lil funny smell, but sometimes I spray Bed Head Headrush on it (just a little) and it counteracts the smell. Also gives a shine. There's something in the shampoo which makes the hair spread out more, I definitely see a difference.

Prini

14. Maya22

Maya22 Guest

Hi Prini!

I'm glad Jason's Thin-to-Thick is working for you. I love it. It's expensive but I feel like I'm pampering my hair. The other thing you might try (alternate with the Thin to Thick) is Jason's Henna Hilights Volumizing Shampoo/Conditioner. I wash my hair everyday with Jason's but, every two weeks or so, or when I have something special to go to, I use the henna hilights. It really brings out the fullness in your hair.

Hope the Think to Thick is still working and I hope everything else is also well in your part of the world. Take care

Maya

15. Prini

Prini Guest

HIYA MAYA!!

Everything else is pretty good, knock wood.

Jasons is still working for me. I alternate with Revivogen Shampoo, and I notice it's good I do that. The hair doesn't get too use to one shampoo. I like Revivogen Shampoo, it is expensive.

I hilight my hair Maya. Would the Jasons Henna Hilights Shampoo be safe to use?

Take Care,

16. Maya22

Maya22 Guest

Hey Prini,

Yes, I think the hilights shampoo would be safe to use. LIke their other stuff its pretty organic/natural etc. Henna as a general rule doesn't really dye your hair, it simply makes it look lighter in the sun (with black hair it does that) and darker in the shade. It's supposed to be a great conditioner (henna--not necessarily the Jason's one). If revivogen is working for you--stick to it. But if you ever want a change, this shampoo is a good, "safe" alternative. I've given up using most of the drug store shampoos now. It may all be in my head but I feel like the natural stuff is keepign my hair healtier. =) Anything good for my mental well being has GOT to be good for my hair.

Glad everything is going well!! I heard NYC was supposed to have some major wind problems today--was it really that bad?

17. Prini

Prini Guest

Thanks Maya, I'll keep the name Henna Highlights in my head. Next time I go to GNC, I'll look at the bottle. I get 10% off the first ten days of the month.
    I hear you about good, natural shampoo's. A hair loss friend told me about Avalon Organics (I use the Lavender) once a month - and I can see/feel the difference without the chemicals.

We had major wind problems on Wednesday, it was 50 miles per hour. The wind and rain made it a messy day to get around.
    Basically, I cannot complain because we've had little snow and many days of 50 degree weather, and in fact today will be 60.
    So, it's springtime in January. 8)

Have A Good Weekend.

Prini

18. kookla

kookla Guest

I have the Jasons Henna Highlights Shampoo. No funky smells with it but it doesn't lather well. I didn't notice anything happen but I haven't used it in a while so I'll use it again and see if it adds shine or anything else and report back.

19. Prini

Prini Guest

My hair feels soft and my boyfriend said, "why does your hair look so good?", and it's true. It even has body which I lost a long time ago.
    It's got to be the shampoo.

Although, I stopped Propecia two months ago, and the massive shed stopped too (for now). Please, please let it stop for good, already!
    The shampoo, definitely adds volume.
    I use a little Revivogen Shampoo on the second wash because Jasons has a funny smell. Any mild shampoo after using Jasons (even Johnsons Baby Shampoo) should take away the funny smell. Sometimes I use the Avalon Organics to mask the smell. It's a good shampoo too, but doesn't give me the volume that Thin to Thick does.

I'm quoting what it says on the Internet about the Shampoo.
    It's true for me, and I've bought almost every product out there in the last six years. I paid about $7.00 for the shampoo.

Guranteed to add at least 10% fullness to your hair after the first application, this shampoo, with its mild botanical cleansing agents and fruit acids, gently and throughly cleases your hair and purifies your scalp. Polysorbates free your scalp of excess cellular debris which can otherwise block hair follicles, resulting in hair thinning and unusual hair fallout. Formulated to work in synergy within the Thin-to-Thick Hair & Scalp Therapy. System. This revitalizing shampoo helps plump up and strengthen each individual hair shaft, adding body, shine and bounce. Normailizes and balances scalp functions, to bring nutrients to the hair folicle thus impoving hair growth, and helping control excessive hair loss.
    Use Thin-to-Thick Hair Thickening Shampoo to keep hair follicles healthy; and to keep your hair shiny and clean longer without leaving a dulling shampoo build-up on your hair or scalp.
    Unquote

Prini

20. Maya22

Maya22 Guest

Girls,

I've been using Jason's for about 1 1/2years, almost 2yrs now and there will be build up. You won't notice it for the first few months, but eventually those little thingyes(ya'll know what I am talkign about) that you scrape off your scalp will show up.

Kookla, the hilights doesnt usually make my hair shinier..just TONS bouncier. Thin to Thick on the other hand, doesn't make it bouncy, but rather weighs my hair down and make sit look thicker. Not sure if that makes sense but thats what happens.

Maya