Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Joseph Fleischer, High Definition Wigs, etc. Need a topper or wig!

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by debbieghee, Nov 23, 2013.

1. debbieghee

debbieghee Guest

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. I've been wearing a topper that I got from 10 Newbury Street Salon in Boston, MA. It has worked ok, but it isn't ideal. The cost for it was about $1,600. After a year, the hairs are sort of breaking off, and I have to use hairspray to keep them down. It was natural hair except for the gray. This week I went to New York to have an appointment at Joseph Fleischer. Kevin did a custom fitting for me and spent a lot of time talking with me about what I needed. I'm a bit stressed though because the quote for the topper is $4,450, which is a lot of money! He said it would last 5 to 10 years, and they do maintenance (for about $200) every 6 months. I also had an appointment with High Definition Hair to look at wigs. I think they are a real option, but the appointment was very disappointing. Has anyone used them?

I'd be very grateful for any advice.

dghee

2. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    This seems like a lot of $$ to me. I paid $800 for a custom HH clip- on topper which included the cut in. I don't know what maintenance would be involved - I shampoo my toppers at home. I do see my stylist every 6 weeks or so when she cuts and colors my bio hair. She will freshen the color of my topper if needed.

3. Porshiana

Porshiana Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow. My most expensive car ever was $3700. I bought my 6 bedroom 2000 square foot house for $3900. Ijs. I buy freetress lace font synthetic wigs for under $40 and just get a brand new one every 2 weeks. If u can look at my album u can see how it looks. I glue the front myself and use the Combs on the sides and back, allowing me to still flip it forward and wash my bio hair underneath with bio shampoo.

4. eco_girl

eco_girl Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow- that's expensive. My toppers have been in the $1200-1500 range, including an initial cut, color. Some were EHH and others Indian Remy (not sure what type of hair is in this topper)- but now that I have been wearing hair for 4 years....I'm pretty skeptical of it lasting for 5-10 years.

5. Eve

Eve Guest

Wow! That is really expensive! The most I have paid was $3,500 for a Follea topper. Cut, style & going back for trimming was included. I got it three years ago & it is still in top shape. Keep in mind Follea is top of the line that is why it is so expensive. I have also had good luck with Fortune wigs. I have purchased toppers from them for only $600.00. The hair quality is decent. If I were you, I would shop around more.

6. cathy13

cathy13 Guest

That seems super expensive to me. I ordered a custom HH topper that was 3000.00 from europe with virgin hair and I thought that was expensive. I don't know what kind of maintenance they do but people that i know that have a HH topper wash and condition their own and don;'t need any maintenance. Check out feathelite or follea.

7. debbieghee

debbieghee Guest

Thanks!

I really appreciate the responses. The quote is A LOT of money for me too. However, my topper has to be completely custom made due to some unusual markings in my hair. I was intrigued that it would last so long. The one I have now was expensive too although not nearly as much (1600), but it really needs to be replaced after just one year. I found the Follea website. I also looked at Dov. I can't find a website for Featherlite, and I've looked since I saw it mentioned on HerAlopecia last week. I also have seen a lot of people mention Flora. Does anyone know if those places make their toppers on site? Are the caps constructed to fit just your head? Do they use virgin hair? Those were the characteristics of Joseph Fleischer that I found appealing. With gratitude, d.

8. baker mom

baker mom Guest

Look for featherlite on Facebook.

9. debbieghee

debbieghee Guest

Thank you!

Found the Facebook page, which led me to the website: http://www.flhairsystems.com/.
    I will call to see if they do custom work. I'm concerned about doing that virtually though. I can't travel to Toronto!

10. debbieghee

debbieghee Guest

Thank you!

I was able to find FeatherLite on Facebook and through that their website: http://www.flhairsystems.com/.
    I do wonder if they do custom work, and I will call to find out. I also worry about purchasing virtually since I can't travel to Toronto.
    Who has purchased a custom piece virtually?
    d

11. Cyprus

Cyprus Guest

Ten Newbury

Hi Debbie,

I also got a topper from 10 Newbury. I've been loving it. I've only had it for a few months, butI"m also noticing the hairs are breaking. Mine was $1800 :-/

I don't know how to start a new forum topic on here (Can anyone tel me how and I didn't realize I'm so technologically challenged at 31), but I had a question for topper folks.
    My sister is making the whole family wear hats for Thanksgiving (rolling my eyes). Given that it will be an all day affair and I won't wanna wear the hat all day, does anyone have any clever hat ideas to wear over the topper without messing it up?

12. BellaMama

BellaMama Guest

Why not make a headband like the Native Americans wore. It won't mess up your hair and you could match it to your outfit.:fun: