Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Just A Friendly Word Of Advice Through My Experiences

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by TinaM1968, Oct 12, 2018.

1. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:

#1 TinaM1968, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Farrah711, sunshine21 and Jtilly like this.
  2. Aragon

Aragon New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Tina. I agree. It’s so hard not to do something when you haven’t figured out the cause yet. That’s where I’m at, but I definitely don’t want to make anything worse so for now I do nothing. I’m curious though....were you able to lower your cortisol? I really suspect this is my problem. I’ve been suspecting it for years. But didn’t care too much until my hair started falling out.

Farrah711 likes this.
  3. Aragon

Aragon New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I hear you on the stress. It’s been a major problem in my life for years. What was your deas if you don’t mind sharing? Mine was normal, 214. I don’t know if high cortisol always raises dheas and I’ve never had my cortisol tested. Better sleep is always a good thing. I’ve been struggling to sleep well since April. Just started magnesium for that.

Farrah711 likes this.
  4. sunshine21

sunshine21 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you ladies for your posts, you’ve both given me a lot to think about, particularly cortisol levels. I started loosing hair in my teens and haven’t been able to get it back since. Now I fear it’s too late.
    I’m 38, indian with shoulder length curly thin, fine hair. I think bc started the hairloss. It was incredibly thick and by 18 I’d lost half. A locum dr (70ish) brushed me off and said he was losing Hair, we all do as we age. I lost all faith in drs.
    I had kids in my 30’s both time csection, lost hair post, which was normal. But for the last ten yrs my scalp has been noticeable. I’m taking Ashwaghanda and rhodiola herbs, as they are adaptogens to help with stress.
    I’m requesting full bloods on my next dr apt, as my hair seems to be getting even thinner since a cosmetic surgery 5months ago. I’ve had hair loss after operations, im sensitive to anaesthesia, but recovered the last two times. This time I haven’t.

Farrah711 likes this.
  5. Lesle

Lesle New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have been on this journey since the beginning of the year. I didn’t think too much of it at first because I have always had a head full of hair. In May is when it really got bad. Now I have lots of my scalp showing. I have been to the dermatologist 3 times and finally last month was diagnosed with Lichen Planopilaris of the scalp. So the hair i’ve lost is permanent. I wish doctors had taken me seriously with my symptoms in the beginning. Like you I was trying everything to help with the hair loss vitamins, shampoo you name it. I am sure stress played a roll with all of it and made it worse. I have been so depressed. I don’t even leave the house anymore unless I have too. Sorry for the long post. I have no one that understands what I am going through.

6. sunshine21

sunshine21 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Lesle - I take dr advice with caution, the reason I say this is because if your hair got thinner in one year then surely there is time for it to resolve, at least partly. I’m a great believer in natural remedies and would give stinging nettle tonic mixed with 1/2 drops of essential rosemary oil a go. I’m currently back on it, previously I did really well on it - massaging my scalp with my head down every evening for at least three minutes. I found my scalp got stronger and felt like blood was circulating better, my roots grew stronger and had hardly any hair fall. I’m hoping it will work for me again. Oh, I’m also taking a tablespoon of pumpkin seed oil twice a day. I stay hopeful. Will be taking pics along my way.

TinaM1968 likes this.