Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Just booked my hotel - going to see flora

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by justagirl, Jun 14, 2012.

1. justagirl

justagirl Guest

I just booked a hotel room for 4 days so I can go see flora and then Kathy from gallery of wigs. My Boyf isn't all that impressed but I'm doing it for me. I've spent money having numerous things shipped back and forth and nothing compares to floras illusion fall. I know it's going to be expensive. She said $3000 for the one I want - but I'm ready to take the leap.

I'm super excited. It's a 10 hour drive for me. The furthest I've been any where in the states is buffalo ny. I've never been to NYC and I kinda think I'll stay away because I'd get lost. Lol

Anyone have any tips or any advice? Anything I need to check out while I'm there?

2. Vlal

Vlal Guest

Good luck! :woot:

3. Tori

Tori Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Lots of luck! No worries about anyone else, this is for YOU. If the bf is unhappy about it, you can deal with it when you get back feeling awesome about yourself. Hopefully how you feel will be enough for him to change his tune and for you to shrug it off if he's still being a grump. Either way, we all know what hair loss does to a woman and that's something he'll never fully understand. He should be more supportive, but since that's not the boat you're currently in, shut it off until you get back. It's going to be great for you! :)

Have fun~

4. Sassy

Sassy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    BRAVO! Keep us posted..

5. Girl77

Girl77 Guest

Congrats on making the leap, I can pretty much guarantee that you will not be dissapointed.

I remember my first trip to NY to see Flora (and I came from Canada), I was so nervous and excited all at the same time :) Flora is by far the best person to consult with if you have hair loss.

Good luck !
    g.

6. justagirl

justagirl Guest

thanks!

did you get what you wanted Girl77? I'm so concerned because it's such a big purchase.

7. Girl77

Girl77 Guest

Yes I sure did. I purchased my first piece about 2 1/2 years ago, and my second piece about 1 1/2 years ago. I bought two pieces so that if I had to color/repair 1 piece (or for any unforseen reason), i'd have a back up.

So right now I have two Illusion Falls from Flora. I'm currently working on a 3rd piece, as my hair loss has advanced, I need a bit more temple coverage than I did before.

Keep me posted about your piece ! I'm sure your nervous, but you will be very happy once you get in the groove of wearing a Flora piece.

g.

8. Evinara

Evinara New Member

Dislikes Received:
    While you are in NYC make a trip to Brooklyn to check out Fortune Wigs to see toppers that you can try on and examine. Check out their website and ask to have some toppers sent over to their salon that you can see. They do internet business for toppers and their wig salon has clients from the Orthodox Jewish community where women cover their own hair with full wigs for modesty as proscribed by religious rules.
    Their quality is excellent and the caps are comfortable with a very convincing scalp section where the hair is drawn through silk. Their prices are also affordable. Very impressive!
    Call them or have an on-line chat with Ken. He's extremely helpful as are the ladies at the salon in Brooklyn. You will have to give the salon advance notice so they can accommodate you. Best of luck with your quest!

9. askalice

askalice Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You need to take the subway-a bit challenging but very easy. But Jewish businesses are closed certain days such as half of Friday and all day Saturday-so that adds to the challenge

10. Pirategirl

Pirategirl Guest

Hi honey,

I had my appointment with Flora back in April, bought an IF and have been over the moon with it, it's gorgeous! Good luck, and keep us posted ;-) x

11. movingon23

movingon23 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi - I am not sure if you have made your trip to see Flora. I went to see her last October and then in January (and bought one illusion fall on each visit)- it was important to me to do this in person, and I am happy that I did. You will not be disappointed. The cost is so worth it. Both falls still look perfect - I wash them about every 6-8 weeks (I wear a fall 3 days a week for about 10 hours each day and then maybe 8 hours over the rest of the week). I can see them lasting 2-3 years possibly? Her customer service is terrific, and she just makes the whole process seem normal. I will definitely go back when I need a new one. Good luck.

12. Girl77

Girl77 Guest

Hey Just,

How did it go? How was your trip?

g.