Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Just Diagnosed With Alopecia And Te Recently.

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by Iyyi, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Iyyi

Iyyi Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi everyone! I am so happy to see this forum. Just month ago, I was diagnosed of having alopecia and TE. I’ve loss around 40-50% of my hair now and still active. My dermatologist gave me Clobetasol and advice me to get Minoxidil also. I never use the later though. I’ve been wearing a wig for 2 weeks now at work because I always deal with customers. When I’m at home or don’t have work, I just use cap when we go out. I am so positive my hair will grow back soon. Btw, everything was normal with my blood test and all. So I don’t know what might be the reason of my hair loss.

2. Echristensen010

Echristensen010 New Member

Dislikes Received:

3. Echristensen010

Echristensen010 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi!

I'm new here too and don't have a diagnosis yet. I this k I may have TE but I may also have another form of hair loss, I am going to a term tomorrow. Can you please tell me how you got diagnosed?

Thanks for being so positive! It's helpful to see : )

4. Iyyi

Iyyi Member

Dislikes Received:
    I went to my PCP and to a dermatologist and their both saying I have alopecia. I have exclamation mark hairs. I started to have 2 bald spots then now it’s thinning all over.

5. Iyyi

Iyyi Member

Dislikes Received:
    Just an update with my hair loss journey. At first, I was diagnosed with alopecia and TE but after maybe around 3 months, I started to loss hair everywhere. Eyebrows, armpits hair, pubic hair, body hair and I became totally bald. I was so depressed but I didn’t lose hope. I continue to pray to overcome my current situation. Every night, I put on the Jamaican black castor oil to my scalp and eyebrows. I started to see regrowths maybe about 5 months after I experienced the hair loss. It’s just that, the hair that’s coming out are white. I tried to read and they said it’s normal. I am not experiencing shedding now. I’ll be uploading some of my pictures showing the regrowth and hopefully this could help other girls to stay positive. I know it will take time for us to bring back our hair.

Attached Files: