Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Just Had Consult With Dr. Bauman About 82m/82f

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by electra, Mar 14, 2019.

1. electra

electra Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I just had a Skype consult with Dr. Bauman, after sending photos, lab results, etc. He's very nice. I asked for the formula 82F (minoxidil and finasteride) but he preferred to start with 82M (just minoxidil with some added things). He did, of course, pitch hair transplant, but I expected that.

(FYI: I'm 49, perimenopause, front and side recession with diffuse shedding--hair pulls right out. Hair loss for about 4 years now, seems to be accelerating...)

Wondering if I should insist on the 82F? Seems so many women just don't have the results from just Minoxidil. Then again, I haven't really committed to using the Minoxidil yet, so maybe it would work for me.

He said 6 months is needed to see results.

I realize he makes a lot of money from this, but it's worth it to me to have someone who can help me monitor progress, etc.

2. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Do you have confirmed Androgenetic Alopecia? I just can’t remeber if you said you did. Your hairloss sounds like mine except mine doesn’t pull out that easy and I have the breakage. I would see what the minoxidil did first maybe. I know what you mean about needing someone yo help monitor things. Wishing you much luck!

3. electra

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you, Tina! Yes, I have confirmed Alopecia Areata. I will update here...Hoping I can commit to applying stuff 2x/day to my head!!!

4. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    You have are areata? That’s not like fphl right? Will minoxidil work for that? And I get the commitment in applying it. I am terrified too try it I mean I did once for a couple weeks but chickened out and stopped doing it since I don’t know exactly what’s going on with me

#4 TinaM1968, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  5. electra

Dislikes Received:
    Hi! No, sorry, not areata, Androgenetic Alopecia--forgot the initials for it! Just androgenetic alopecia (FPHL).

Yeah, that's why I stopped the M. Wasn't sure it would work. Still not sure! Ugh.

6. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Same here I sure hope it works for you though. This is such a horrible thing losing hair this way it just shouldn’t happen esp to women

7. Sunny Lora

Sunny Lora New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, I’m new here! I have the same thing, front and side recession with diffused hair loss. I was diagnosed with FPHL and have been reluctant to start Rogaine Foam 5% for women per a doctor at UHealth Miami. Is the Minoxidil you mentioned liquid, foam or pill form? I have had thinning hair for 7yrs ever since stopping birth control pills at age 51 and went into menopause. Very frustrating and scary.

8. electra

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Sunny,
    This is a liquid, I believe, a compounded formula of Minoxidil and some other ingredients that make it stronger and less inflammatory. I don't really know if it's better than the regular Rogaine. I'm reluctant, too!!!! Very scary.

Message me if you'd like!!!

9. Mia45

Mia45 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I would insist on the 82F. I’ve used both and I feel like the F helped way more than the M. I still use the F formula daily and have been for 10 months now. I noticed a difference in shedding after about 3 months of daily use. My hair quality is much improved and I have new growth. In my humble opinion, I would insist on the F....especially if you’ve tried minoxidil in the past already AND if you’re well past childbearing years.
    Hope this helps. Good luck :)

10. electra

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome, MIa. I haven't actually tried the Minixidil (well, only a couple of weeks), but from what I've read, the F is more potent...and yes, no more kids...

11. electra

Dislikes Received:
    Actually, Mia, I was wrong about the messaging. Now I see there's an 'envelope' at top of our profile pages that lets us start conversations with other members. But I can't for you, and for some reason my messaging is off, too...I'll contact moderator...

12. electra

Dislikes Received:
    I just found MasterPharm online...Now I understand. So, if I can find another derm to call in the Rx, it'll be much cheaper, I think. Bauman is nice, but he has a huge 'hair empire' and I'm sure they triple the costs of stuff they sell...

13. Mia45

Mia45 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Electra,
    I checked my settings, it shows I’m supposed to get email notifications but I don’t. I can’t figure it out. I also dont understand why we can’t pm. Frustrating.
    Do you have a local dermatologist? I would just call their office and request a script. Then you can fill it at MasterPharm yourself. $300! Yikes! I hate spending 100! I’d much rather spend 100 on something fun....not trying to keep my hair :(
    If the mod helps you figure out the pm thing....let me know. I’ll check back in to see the threads since I’m not getting notified when someone posts.

14. electra

Dislikes Received:
    jocelyn.meltzer@gmail.com. Not sure we can post emails...? But if you can see this, email me! And I'll contact moderator. And thanks--I'll definitely contact my derm!! All in all, $100/few months is pretty good, all things considered...

15. electra

Dislikes Received:
    BTW at top of this page, top-right of posts, it says 'watch threads'--click on that and you'll get notified of emails.

16. Mia45

Mia45 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for info! I emailed you...

17. Sunny Lora

Sunny Lora New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Can you explain what the 82f and 82m are? You are welcome to message me if that’s easier? Thanks for your help?

18. electra

Dislikes Received:
  19. Sunny Lora

Sunny Lora New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Electra. I just messaged you.

20. sleepywaif

sleepywaif Member

Dislikes Received:
    bumping an old thread, sorry
    do you have have labs to confirm how much of this goes into your bloodstream vs a regular finasteride pill?
    i'm debating between the pill and topical
    also apparently there's a topical dutasteride