Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

killing time while my hair air dries.... :)

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by teppi, Apr 6, 2005.

1. teppi

teppi Guest

Hi All! I was wondering what advice you might have regarding products/treatments for a newly-diagnosed case of Alopecia Areata? I've only been to the derm once, and he gave me a cortisone injection, but it's still two weeks off until the next treatment... I had gone there only aware of these two huge bald patches in the back of my head, but in the past two weeks, I've had increased shedding since and have discovered new dime-size patches sprouting up like daisies all over my head... :cry:

I can't believe how fast this is happening! At first I was content to think I could hide the patches in the back but if things continue at the rate they're going...

It seems like an eternity before I can get in to see my OB/GYN and am desperately seeking an Internal Medicine doctor (between jobs had to go on my own as far as insurance is concerned.) So in the meantime from the basic information I have gleaned from this forum (THANK YOU!!!) I have started using Nioxin shampoo and conditioner and Follicle booster, plus starting to take GNC Ultra NourisHair vitamins. Does that seem like enough "proaction" to y'all? I take a normal multi-vitamin every day, but do you think I should upgrade to the prenatal variety? And do I really need to shampoo with the Nioxin every day? Sheesh, that stuff is expensive, and I've recently developed a great fear of shampoo times :shock:

Anyhow, sorry for this long post, and even if you don't have any answers for me, thanks for listening and letting me get this off my chest!

Hugs to you all,

T.