Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

kiss goodbye to lace system

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by eb80, Jan 1, 2013.

1. eb80

eb80 Guest

Hi,
    I have been wearing a lace system for almost two years and I am going to have it removed tomorrow. And frankly I am looking forward to it. Lace systems are such a pain for maintenance and costs. I just realized that I am spending as much time worrying about the system as I was used to do about my bio hair, and additionally I am wasting a small fortune!
    So, the plan is to have the lace system removed, cut my hair short (not too short lol) and bear with the situation keep using minoxidil and hair concealers/volumiser. I also bought a topper with qdhair beauty but I am not planning to use it (unless tomorrow I find out I am completely bold lol). I would like to thank all the people posting their experience, tips and pictures and in particular LaurenEinFL for her blog posts: they have been super helpful. I shall post some picture of my bio hair tomorrow.
    Wish me good luck!

2. fleur1979

fleur1979 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi eb80.

Can i ask you how you were wearing your lace system? Did you bond it?

3. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck!!! :) Did you ever post a picture before of your lace system?

4. eb80

eb80 Guest

Hi Fleur,
    I currently have a lace system attached to my bio hair with keratin connections. I need to have the connections adjusted every few weeks. I never tried a bond system.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you :)! You can see my pictures taken last summer here http://www.heralopecia.com/interact/showthread.php/21509-New-member
    I started using minoxidil in September so I hope the situation will be a bit better, but I will find out tomorrow...

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
    Things went well today: I had the system removed this morning and I have decided not to wear a topper. My hair are obviously very flat and quite thin on the top, but definitely better than last time I saw them (in August, before starting minoxidil), and anyway decent enough to be worn on their own. I also have them cut in a semi short bob, and I am going to use fullmore to add more coverage on the top.

#4 eb80, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013
  5. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thats good news, glad it went well!! :)

6. Cousteau

Cousteau Guest

Don't cut your hair. Just wear the topper. You'll need your bio hair to be the same length as the topper. Believe me, wearing the topper beats everything else. it looks better and all you do is clip it in and walk out the door. If you get a good one, no one even knows that you are wearing hair. it was the best thing I ever did.

7. nikks2

nikks2 Guest

What topper did you get Cousteau ? I am thinking a clip in topper is the best solution. I can wear it if and when I want to. I just need to buy the one now though ! Thanks.