Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

lace front topper

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by dorothy, Jun 24, 2005.

1. dorothy

dorothy Guest

Well, I just got my new lace front topper that I ordered from Kathy at heralopecia. the piece is very cute and I am thrilled with the top of it which looks real to me. Problem is that the hairline looks like chicken wire. I thought lace front was supposed to make it more authentic looking? Is there anything out there that doesn't look fake along the hairline. The bangs just look like they are there to obviously hide something. Will bonded pieces be any better?
    dorothy
    By the way Kathy from heralopecia and Sally Turner from this site have bith been super helpful.

2. HeavenTree

HeavenTree Guest

I'm not really familiar with toppers, however I have a full cap lace piece that I ordered from Toplace.

How are you bonding the face front to your forehead?

Glues seem to work best, however, like I said I'm not real familar with toppers and how they work.

If you want more info on how to apply a lace front perhaps go to http://www.coolpiece.com or there is some video http://www.newrootsonline.com.

Has Kathy not provided any help or instructions regarding the application? If you bought your piece from her, she's probably your best bet.

Hope this helps.

3. bayareagirl

bayareagirl Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Dorothy, could you do what some topper wearers do and wear it back a little from your hairline and use toppik if you need it to blend in? (Merry does this I think).

I thought a lace front had to be bonded? I'm not expert ... Wouldn't it look strange if you put lace over your hair though? Are you sure the bangs don't just look like that to you because you are not used to them?

If you feel ready at some point, post pics!
    Kate

4. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

Thanks Dorothy....

By all means contact me again and I'd be happy to advise you on this,

Sally x