Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Laser?

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by kaylee, May 12, 2009.

1. SherryBerry

SherryBerry Guest

Just a few tips on using a TRIA.

SHAVE before hand. it hurts way less the shorter the hair is. Apparantly the longer the hair the more the pain. don't believe me... Just try it and find out :mrgreen:

use the HIGHEST setting you can. Start out on ONE to get a handle on how it will feel and then work your way up as quick as you can without screaming :crazy: the lower setting are almost useless and the 2 highest setting give best results

let me inform you that if you are wisking away on setting 5 on your legs... don't be fooled thinking you can take it on FIVE elsewhere. the places that see no sunlight and aren't shaved regular will hurt WAY more...TRUST ME :youbet:

make sure you skin is REALLY dry. if your just out of the shower and your skin is DRY.... just wait longer until it's REALLY dry as in hours later. it doesn't shock you or anything but I noticed if my skin is at all dewey or lotioned it hurts more .

LASTLY don't give up because you hair didn't fall out like a few people repot online. It really does take months and continued faithful application to see results.

2. kilkea

kilkea Guest

SherryBerry,
    Thank you so much for all your help! I feel relieved that I won't be wasting my time or money. I will order it tonight and will have to let you know how it goes. :)

3. Swan

Swan Guest

I almost mised this!

Is this safe to be used at home without any medical supervision? And could it be used on the areas where normally hair shouldn't grow (nip*les etc.)? :$

If so, I'm going to look into it too!

4. SherryBerry

SherryBerry Guest

Check out the site. i forget the exact link but TRIA should bring yo to it. Just make sure it isn't a RESELLER. I'll try and find the official link to post so no one gets fooled by resellers.

They are also VERY nice if you have to call in with a question . TECHNICALLY they can't tell you to use it certain places... but if you google stuff you can find people who do.

Tria has been approved by whomever(FDA or whoever I forget the name now) for HOME USE.

You might also want to look into the SILK-N. This has a LARGER zapping area so you don't have to take forever doing one square inch... but i myself bought the TRIA because I just had a gut feeling it was more quality and was as they advertised. they do not do alot of FLUFF to build their product. Very straight forward with just a little fluff :mrgreen:

This thing is VERY easy to use... just time consuming. just flop in front of the TV and watch a show while your doing it . The TRIA does have a limited life though. i forget how many RECHARGES you are supposed to get... but it's WAY plenty to get your absolute moneys worth. the SILK-N you can buy a new laser light thingy and keep replacing when it wears out. THAT tidbit made me almost buy the silk-n.... but I still went for the TRIA. Silkn replacement thingys aren't cheap and by the time it wears out the price will probably come down and a new TRIA will cost way less to replace. i read online about people bypasssing TRIA rechargeable battery and just using a standard plug when it wears out. But every review I read saYS IT LASTED very LONG BEFORE ALL THIS HAPPENS AND YOU NEED TO REPLACE OR RIG WITH A PLUG.

Watch for rebates... along with the price directly from TRIA comng down $200... they recently had a $100 rebate. It' over now but I suspect it will pop up again since the Christmas purchasing is over and sales will start slumping

5. SherryBerry

SherryBerry Guest

http://www.triabeauty.com

if you enter the promo code it gets you a full sized lotion for free.

Not sure which code is current.Just check both.

GIFT4U

ELLE

6. Swan

Swan Guest

Thanks SherryBerry..... Hope it works well on the bikini area too....It's on my shopping list now!

7. SherryBerry

SherryBerry Guest

HOO HAAA. You better have a bullet to bite on when you do that area.
    I know lots of people use it there... But will admit you might need a traquilzer first :hairy: