Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Lasercomb anyone?

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by SallyTurney, Nov 18, 2005.

1. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

Hi girls,

Clients are always asking me about Laser Comb. I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts about it.

Cheers,

Sally

2. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I have a thought. I think it's a lot of money for no positive response!

3. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

It varies so much in price also. I've seen it some places for £200, some places £500 and I'm not quite sure if there is a difference. I've decided to research it a bit.

4. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

Cheers Polly!

5. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have to say that the hairmax forum sounds like a sales tool. I think the messages are screened to make it look positive. I wish I could say it has helped me with lessening the shed or with regrowth.

6. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

Are you using it Lily? i just can't understand why it varies so much in price. Having done a bit of research, I've been hearing increasingly positive things and over here you can get it for £200. I was actually considering one for my husband, though obviously don't want to waste money. I have so many clients interested in them, I really need to get all the info I can to build up a realistic picture of what to expect.

7. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I bought one at full price (around $5-600 US) about 18 months ago. I've been diligent in using it at the top of my scalp where the loss is most evident. I don't notice any difference in texture, shedding is the same and no regrowth.

8. polly

polly Guest

Hiya,

I asked some tricky questions on that site a while ago. they were all put on the questions forum. so I have to disagree with saying they don't put negative questions up. I think the FDA results are a little slow in coming, it would be nice to have that confirmation. also it bothers me that the site moderaters don't really answer questions (a bit like politicians) i've had a degree of success with the LC I think it helps but as i've just come of dianette i'm still having a lot of hair falling out. i do think my hair looks thicker when i use it. I'll wait a couple more months and let you know how i'm getting on. :)

9. krapiva

krapiva Guest

i agree...it definitely makes my hair look thicker...

10. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

thanks ladies

11. aw257

aw257 Guest

I'll chime in on this one, too!

I've been using the lasercomb for about a month now. So far, I have yet to see any positive results. But they tell you not to expect any sort of regrowth for the first two or three months. My hair has continued to shed at its regular (excessive) rate as well. And yes, I agree that the lasercomb forum moderators do give the "politician" answers to questions, but to their credit, they do post both positive and negative reviews on their site.

The two positive things I can say about the lasercomb is that it DOES make your hair look thicker (especially if you use the sample shampoo they send with it), and if you buy it directly from the Lexington International website (about US$560), they give you a 12-20 week money back guarantee (minus return shipping and a 15% restocking fee, which seems a bit excessive, but oh well).

12. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

Thanks for that.

13. colline

colline Guest

j

me too i began using it again after faultering but i think it is better now and hair looks thicker and itches which makes me think it is growing i may as well try somenthing right

14. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I saw a different derm last week (mostly to talk about transplant possibilities) and he and his assistant were pretty positive about the lasercomb. Not from any scientific proof but rather anecdotally from his patients who have used it. I've gotten mine out of the drawer and am giving it a go again.

15. leg366

leg366 Guest

hello

I have been using the lasercomb almost 3 years now. of course I am doing a lot of other stuff but my hair has been slowly improving month by month. I wish I could say I grew it all back but no. and there is still an area where the regrowth is sparse and short and my scalp is way too visible for my liking but that area continues to shrink. It is easier and easier to style it to conceal itas it grows in.

it is a long haul, and it doesn't work for everyone, is all I can say

Leg

Attached Files: