Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Latest news on The Bald Truth

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Discoveries' started by Kamille, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Kamille

Kamille Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello,
    Here is the latest piece of news published on The Bald Truth:
    According To Gary Hitzig, M.D., if Acell’s Matristem for hair restoration works as predicted, many men and women suffering with common androgenic alopecia will no longer be forced live their lives feeling uncomfortable in their own skin.

His prediction: in one to two years it will all be over. However, many experts in the field have far less exuberance when it comes to these “miracle breakthrough†treatments.

Listen to Dr. Hitzig as he discusses his findings on last weeks broadcast of The Bald Truth:
    http://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/showpost.p ... tcount=120"

2. Kay777

Kay777 Guest

this is incredibly selfish of me, but can anyone who has a second summarize what the talk says? sadly i am totally inundated with school work to the point of exhaustion. :thumbdown2: but i am very excited about this bold and optimistic claim! :)

thank you!
    kay

3. SabrinaLouise

SabrinaLouise Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    In the most simplified way - this doctor has found that injecting a person's own stemcells into the scalp which are taken from the person's own bonemarrow can restore a person's hair, and this treatment is expected to be available in the next couple of years apparently.

4. Kay777

Kay777 Guest

thanks so much, sabrinalouise! i am procrastinating as i type (which is a bad thing, given my sleep deprived state). even so, this news is well worth the cost of staying up a little later tonight to finish my work. :)

5. FLgirl

FLgirl Guest

Sign me up! ;)

6. starbabies

starbabies Guest

I will volunteer fo that study! :)

Sabrinalouise- thanks for the concise summary.

7. dying curls

dying curls Guest

Yeah that's sound great on the paper but apparently that doctor has not a really good reputation in the medical world, he's seen as a king of buzz but not as a serious scientist.

8. Kamille

Kamille Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think the prediction is clearly very optimistic. However, MatriStem wound powder seems to have regenerated a woman's fingertip. That sounds unbelievable to me however it's already happened. Maybe the same powder is efficient for hair restoration too and the solution to hair loss is not so far away.
    For those who are interested, here is the link to an article explaining how the fingertip of a woman was "regenerated":
    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/09/0 ... index.html

9. dying curls

dying curls Guest

yeah....i've been following this for over one year now...i am not convinced...the part of her fingertip that was severed was really small and we don't even know if the bone was cut too....another man told the exact same story...

I hope I am just a skeptic!

10. Kamille

Kamille Member

Dislikes Received:
    Dying curl, I think you ask for too much :) . The bone was not cut!! The powder "just" regenerated her fingertip. We have no bones in our hair, so I'm ok with this result...

11. Tori

Tori Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I agree Dying Curls.. bone or not, it could have grown back on it's own. I've seen it before.

12. As324

As324 Guest

I dont understand stem cell therapy, if your body was causing you to lose hair wouldnt the same mechanisms be at work even if you inject stem cells back into your scalp?

13. dying curls

dying curls Guest

Yeah we had several discussions about it here.
    There are several scenario.

The treatment to wake up "dormant" stem cells could be in the form of a cream youw ould have to apply let's say twice a week lifelong so as to maintain/ regrowth your hair (they talked about a cream that's why I mention it). So as long as you use the cream you're fine.

It could be in the form of an injection, they would proly inject stem cells similar to those of the back of the head where hair are more resistant to hair loss and thus those stem cells would also (maybe ) last as long as the ones on the back of your head except we put them on the top.

It's also possible we wil need several injection in a lifetime maybe every three years or so to maintain the new hair.

Or maybe in the case of Androgenetic Alopecia triggered by an hormonal imbalance you won't need any new injection if you keep on with your hormonal treatment, in the case this treatment did the trick for you initially and stopped the shed.

So whatever the scenario, I would say YES I want this, for sure!

14. dying curls

dying curls Guest

Yeah but the result for hair loss aren't really available now. I hope, I so hope you are right! The process for hair would imply we would have to wound our scalp though because our follicle are already healed!

Have you heard about the dermaroller???You should look it up

15. Kamille

Kamille Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have an opinion about this particular potential treatment. I don't know enough about science for that. I just hope it could work (even if it takes more than 2 years) and I like seing several laboratories are trying to find a more efficient treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia. That gives me hope.
    I had never heard about the dermaroller before. Thank you for the information.

16. dying curls

dying curls Guest

Yeah, I hope something will help us too later!
    Yeah, I thought myself about buying a dermaroller and see what happens

17. Yes you are right :agree: