Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Latisse/ bimatoprost for scalp hair loss

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Discoveries' started by kaebea, Jun 6, 2010.

1. kaebea

kaebea Guest

http://baumanmedical.typepad.com/follic ... hair-.html

just a link to a statement that Latisse, (which for anyone who is unfamiliar, is an effective eyelash and eyebrow regrowth med)
    is in the beginning stages of being researched as a treatment for scalp hair regrowth.

it's exciting because latisse is said to stimulate hair growth where ever it is applied.

2. I'm doing my own little 'study' right now....started latisse on a small area on my scalp nightly...will keep ya'll posted.... I can't even IMAGINE the cost of this treatment once it becomes available...cuz this LITTLE bottle is $$$$$$$$$$$$

3. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

PLease keep us posted about your results! I would love to know!

4. kaebea

kaebea Guest

wishitwouldstop:

the latisse they are developing for scalp hair would be more economical :) the goal is to be able to sell it in larger quantities at a lower price.

5. Susanne

Susanne Guest

Has anyone of you tried this product?
    I have bought this product and will use it on a small area of my scalp from today on.

6. maddie

maddie Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm just finishing my 12th week (3 mo) Latisse on my frontal hairline. I was just about to finish the bottle and thought it was a total waste of money, but noticed 2 days ago some regrowth. Very small hairs about the size of an eyelash. BUT will they continue to grow into strands of hair???? I've been very conservative d/t not knowing if I will experience any SE's. One drop brushed just beneath my hairline. Maybe I should up it to 2 drops now. It was $114.00 a bottle. Lasted 3 months at one drop each evening. The directions are one drop to each eyelid. So 2 drops across my frontal hairline should produce better results? But not last 3 months. I'll keep you posted.

7. Susanne

Susanne Guest

Thank you very much for your post, maddie. :)
    Glad to hear, it seems to work for you.
    Why dont you buy it from an Indian online pharmacy like I did? You would save a lot of money.
    Wish you all the best.

8. Maelle

Maelle Guest

Btw ladies I don't really know much about Latisse/bimatoprost,but isn't it cheaper to buy the eyedrops and apply them in the same manner Latisse is applied?

9. maddie

Dislikes Received:
    That is what I am doing. You drop one drop on the little brush that comes with the bottle. Then you brush this one drop along the lash line. But I brush this one drop across my forehead where my hairline starts. I'm still not sold on it yet. I'll see how the 2 drops work before I form an opinion on if it is worth the money. Didn't know I could purchase it online. I got a script from my oncologist and had it filled at my local pharmacy. I have 3 refills so it should last me a year.

10. Maelle

Maelle Guest

Keep us updated!

11. farha

farha Guest

In what respects latisse is better than rogaine?

12. maryheather

maryheather Guest

Does Latisse cause the shedding that Rogaine does the beginning?

13. maddie

Dislikes Received:
    Latisse has only been approved for eyelash growth. I am experimenting on a part of my hairline that currently has no hair. So I cannot tell you if your hair will shed with initial use like Rogaine does. But it does say that if you stop using it, you will lose the eyelashes you grew with Latisse.