Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

living proof hair products

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by tennis, Apr 20, 2011.

1. tennis

tennis Guest

has anyone tried the living proof hair products? are they anywhere as good as they claim?

2. I just started using their shampoo, conditioner, thickening creme, and root spray. I'm not crazy about the root spray, the shampoo is not bad, but the conditioner is awesome (it only takes a little and it leaves my hair really soft and shiny) and the thickening creme is da bomb! Just be sure not to use too much or it can make your hair sticky. Overall, I'd recommend their products.

3. wavy

wavy Guest

I've been using the thickening cream for a while, I think it makes a a difference. You can only use a tiny amount, if you only have a little bit of hair like me then less than a pea will do. It took me ages to get through the smallest bottle.
    I tried the mini shampoo and conditioner and actually noticed a difference so I bought the full size ones. It's really really expensive, not sure if it's enough of a difference in volume to justify the cost, but my hair seemed thicker and felt cleaner for longer. Again, you can just use small amounts, the shampoo lathers really well.

The shampoo/conditioner is $28 in Canada!!! :thumbsdown:

4. tennis

tennis Guest

thanks for the opinions-people seem to rave about it- is it supposed to work the same if you blow dry your hair or let it air dry?

5. Mymaya

Mymaya Guest

I have tried Living Proof shampoo, conditioner, mouse, and the thickening cream... The shampoo and conditioner DID give my hair lots of volume, however, after using it for three days my hair became very dry. I had to stop using it because I could not get a comb through my hair (I usually comb/detangle in the shower w/conditioner). Even with slathering their conditioner on my hair I still could not detangle it. My hair is very fine (and thin of course) with natural curl. I tried using the mousse and thickening cream together on wet hair then blow-dried as usual, but my hair was very flat and much straighter than normal so I was not really impressed. I will still use the shampoo and conditioner, but not every day, maybe once a week.

6. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I use a tiny amount of the thickening cream along with John Frieda mousse. Terribly expensive at 19$ Canadian for the small travel size but truly it lasts forever since so little is used. I find it really does help to give more "thickness" to my hair.

7. formerrapunzel

formerrapunzel New Member

Dislikes Received:
    products are terrible and costly! dried out my hair and i didn't notice until i left the house . frizzy and wished i had a hat!

snowflake likes this.
  8. Geslina

Geslina New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've used a few of their products, over rated and over priced in my opinion. The conditioner is nothing special, and the volume blast spray made my hair feel like sticky straw. Can't remember the other one...maybe the anti humidity cream? Anyway, I used them up, but didn't repurchase any of them.

snowflake likes this.
  9. AmeliaSi

AmeliaSi New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't like their products. Maybe I expected too much from them, but I was unsatisfied with their shampoo and conditioner. Don't know about other products, decided not to buy them after such experience.

10. Shula

Shula New Member

Dislikes Received:
    How often do you recommend washing very thin hair? I wash mine once a week with ketoconazole shampoo but would consider also alternating with a thickening shampoo.
    Any thoughts about Regenpure DR shampoo or L’Oreal thickening shampoo...which states no sulfates but had some sulfalike ingredients.
    Appreciate some feedback! Thanks!

11. kirankh

kirankh New Member

Dislikes Received:
    yea its really a good thing but its too difficult to get the Hair Back if you have a hair loss problem