Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Long CTE period before turning into Androgenetic Alopecia?

Discussion in 'Living with Androgenetic Alopecia' started by mia83, Jun 5, 2015.

1. mia83

mia83 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    For those with Androgenetic Alopecia, how long did your TE goes before revealing Androgenetic Alopecia? i had CTE for almost 15years. but there's always periods of thickening (sometimes up to 80% to what it was before) No slow progressive thinning during 15 years. i have no history of Androgenetic Alopecia. but still fearing it will reveal Androgenetic Alopecia :( Is it possible after long period of cte to turn into Androgenetic Alopecia? or does the process of revealing Androgenetic Alopecia from cte usually dont take that long?

2. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know that CTE always becomes Androgenetic Alopecia. The causes are different as far as I know.

3. mia83

mia83 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    in some cases short TE may revealed Androgenetic Alopecia. but i recalled reading a post here a while ago. a case where she went through years of cte then suddenly in the last one year there's no regrowth. she said it turned to Androgenetic Alopecia.

4. DonnaL

DonnaL Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    15 YEARS?!?! Good grief. I'm at 4 years of CTE and I have a hard time getting out of bed as it is :/ CTE only reveals Androgenetic Alopecia if you're predisposed to the gene. I am. I have it. I do get a lot of regrowth but I have some areas that get barely any regrowth at all. Unfortunately with CTE I never get a break long enough to see the results of regrowth.

5. fujikochan

fujikochan New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've been having recurring TE episodes since 1999, when I had major surgery. Mine only revealed itself to be Androgenetic Alopecia whenever I stopped birth control pills a few years ago and my hair never recovered.