Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Long-term Rogaine/Minoxodil Useres

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Distraughtshedder, Dec 3, 2015.

1. JeHope

JeHope Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Montanaskigirl

I use the foam too. I know that I definitely miss areas of my scalp when I apply it. But from what I understand, when the rogaine is absorbed it still effects the areas around where you apply it.

It literally takes me 30 seconds to apply it. If I just showered, I'll put it directly on my wet scalp, and if my hair is dry, I flip my head upside down so that I have better access to my scalp. I just put a little bit of the foam in my hand, distribute it to my fingertips and then massage my scalp. The top, sides and bottom of my head each get a squirt of foam.

I hope this helps!

2. jgtny

jgtny New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I know this has been asked before but figured I'd ask the long term users - there's that pesky internet rumor that rogaine causes wrinkles/decreases collagen. Thoughts? I'm 25 so of course this would be a worry of mine.

Apologize if I've asked this before, couldn't remember, and thanks for the response!

3. CLC

CLC Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm 44, have been using it for 2 years and still have no wrinkles. I wouldn't worry!

4. Distraughtshedder

Distraughtshedder Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using it for a little over 5 months now. I will say tjat if you use too much it can give you a really puffy face ... Which can make you look a bit older. Especially if it keeps happening over and over because it stretches the skin. If you are prone to water retention like me be careful not to use too much, drink plenty of water, and get at least 30 min of cardio in daily. These things help keep the puffy face away ... And they are good for you anyway.

5. nitu1

nitu1 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Does rogaine work or CTE and Androgenetic Alopecia? I think i have a combination of both. I am a little nervous to start but i may have to, at least to give it a try.

6. losing_it

losing_it Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you so much for posting this! I was doing great on Rogaine, and am currently going through a pretty big shed (been going on for about two weeks now). I am trying not to panic, I feel as though what I've gained is being lost! But I am definitely going to stick with the Rogaine as it has been the ONLY thing that I know has helped so far.