Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Looking For Advice (photo Attached)

Discussion in 'The Undiagnosed' started by AnxiousAnnie, Oct 6, 2018.

1. anxiety43

anxiety43 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you so much for your updates! I’ve avoided taking any supplements in the past year that I’ve been experiencing loss so I might buy some iron to finally try it.

2. Angel

Angel Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have lost almost 60-70% of my hair in the last one Year , with losing of miniaturised hair starting after 5 months . Now I lose all shapes and sizes of hair , majority being small , thin and wispy hair( the ratio is 1:5 for thick long hair to small wispy hair) . The loss is even throughout the scalp.Preciously being diagnosed with CTE, the doctor diagnosed me with Androgenetic Alopecia once the miniaturisation started ( which is huge now.) Can it still be CTE?( I am on spironolactone currently since November with no improvement .) Or is it both CTE and Androgenetic Alopecia? I still have a lot of small, wispy hair throughout , which doesn't look like growing at all!!

Hoping for any advice anyone has.

#22 Angel, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  3. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve heard some with cte who had miniaturized hairs if you search through there are some posts from now recoverying cte suffers that claimed to have it

4. Angel

Angel Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am attaching some photos as well! If you see the hair regrowth is there, but those hair don't look like growing at all!! :(
    Also, I have hairfall throughout the scalp ( I feel I have more from the lower back or my head!), But the little scalp that is visible is at the front head side. I have also attached today's miniature hairfall .( There were long and thick hairs that shed as well!). Anyone can help me on what can this probably be ?

Attached Files:

5. Angel

Angel Member

Dislikes Received:
    No one ? :(

6. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    It’s so hard to tell in a picture My front and part is similar o have the short hairs that look like it’s been cut to bangs but hasn’t and my thinning looks worse then yours. I have the thin strands all over too and back nape area bad as well. My short hairs haven’t gotten longer since this started and then they disappeared slowly. I have the all sorts of size and diameter hair loss too and lost probably 50-60% pretty quickly overall hair so pretty much describing my loss and haven’t had scalp burning in a couple years. It’s back today. So cte or Androgenetic Alopecia? Idk I thought the same with me too but I just don’t know

7. Angel

Angel Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you Tina.
    Also has anyone had this itchy sensation throughout the scalp? Any ideas on what it signifies and what can I use to reduce it ?

I have started having a lot of itchiness with the increase in hairfall .

8. grace90

grace90 Member

Dislikes Received:
    My scalp was very itchy during the height of my TE because of my seb derm. Scratching my head made the hairfall worse. Ketoconazole shampoo helps with seb derm, but if you just want to help the itchiness, try doing an apple cider vinegar rinse on your hair (2 parts water, 1 part ACV - don't ever put straight ACV on your scalp!)

9. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    I think they say itchy could be scalp issues it can also be a part of excess dht production