Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Looking For Some Beginner Topper Advice

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by eggplant, Mar 10, 2019.

1. eggplant

eggplant Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    So I'm starting to approach the point where I may prefer to use to topper and was wondering if anyone had some advice. If anyone has feedback on any of the following it would be a really great help as I am nervous about using a topper and don't know where to start.

1. Any recommendations for toppers in Massachusetts? I am interested in real hair. My hair was naturally thick and curly. I am willing to fork out the money for something high end.
    2. I have diffuse loss but it's worse in the crown area. The absolute worst spot however is right at the front and center of my head (I call it the "triangle of doom"). Do toppers work for this? Are there other hair pieces that would work for this?
    3. I need to wear my hair back for my job. Can I pull my hair back over the top of my head or do I have to do a thing where I pull it down along the sides of my head to a point at my neck (sorry if this is confusing)? (I like to wear it the former way but I don't know if that will be possible). Would a bonded topper be better for this? I'm hesitant to go straight for a bonded topper but if they tolerate manipulation better then it might be worth it.
    4. How real do you think they look?

Thanks!!

sunlit likes this.
  2. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Im not sure about pulling it straight back but pulling it down along the sides would work. I have bangs though. The clips for my topper are on the front and back sides and the comb is in the middle. I don't usually use the comb unless it is really windy or I need to wear a scarf on top. My topper looks totally real. I was at my docs last week for a physical and she commented on how good my hair was looking. I told her that was because I had supplemental hair on.

sunlit likes this.
  3. LindaLou

LindaLou New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Deirdre,

Can you share where you purchased your bangs? Ty.

4. sunlit

sunlit Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not wearing one yet but looking at buying one when I can find the right piece in the UK (sick of feeling miserable about my hair and miss how confident I felt when I was wearing extensions). Please let me know when you find something good!

There are a lot of out-and-proud hair wearers on Instagram. I recommend looking there to see what things look like on real people, not just in the product image.