Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Looks like it's my thyroid

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Sakura, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Sakura

Sakura Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    i've been diagnosed with multinodular goiter, it was a complete coincidence! i was talking to the endo and the interrupted me and told me " you have something on your thyroid" :mad: the day after i had an ultrasound made and well i have this thing. i'm gonna get tested for a lot of things i can't remember the name now, but i'll keep you posted
    my hair looks uglier by the day :eek:
    *hugs*

bonus: pic of really weird, gross, stupid hair loss :jump:

[​IMG]

#1 Sakura, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  2. sheeny

sheeny Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck! A couple of months before my shed started, my doctor found 3 nodules on my thyroid. When my hair loss started I thought that was the cause. After a biopsy and every single thyroid blood test imaginable twice, my thyroid has been ruled out. It is just a coincidence in my case. Very frustrating. I hope you found the source of your hair struggles.

3. Barbarina

Barbarina Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Your hair looks amazingly thick and lush on this photo. But only you know, of course, what is normal thickness for you. Good luck with all your tests...

4. Sakura

Sakura Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi! thanks for answeringsheeny and barbarina, and thank you for the compliment but it's half what i had 8 months ago :( this has gone so fast! and i didn't have any answer until today! i have hashimoto's D: the endo is sure this is causing my hair loss. i'm on eutirox now, for the rest of my life, he says the symptoms will dissapear as long as i am constant with the treatment, let's see how it goes
    it feels good to finally know, phew!!

5. jump1

jump1 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    How is ur hair now. I have hashi. Antibodies 91. Tsh 2.77. Hae got a prescrip for t3. Not takin it yet. Hair sheńŹding slowed recently after 2 years. Had h pylori eradicated 14 weeks ago. Hair thinner finer over all body. Eyebrows are thinning throughout not just outer third. All over it.