Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Losing Anagen Hair

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Arisemysoul, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Arisemysoul

Arisemysoul Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone ever lose anagen hair? This is hair that still has the waxy coating. If you pluck a good hair out of you head you would see what I mean.

For the most part I lose hair that looks broken off at the end, may or may not have a white bulb. I think these are telogen hairs.

Suddenly I am occasionally losing an anagen hair here and there.

Is this a definite sign of Androgenetic Alopecia? For some reason this just freaks me out. I know the telogen hairs I lose are at the end of their cycle. But to lose a perfectly good anagen hair is so upsetting.

Either way, too much of my hair falls out every day :(

2. neencali

neencali Guest

hmm. I don't know? I think most of mind has the white thing on the end and i am told i have Alopecia Areata. I think it just means you lost it at the root. so far mine seems to grow back but it sucks while I am going through it.

3. Lost

Lost Guest

you may have pulled it not knowing like if you had your hair up or pulled to tight ,I think its normal to loose some here and there as long as thats not whats all coming out :shock:

4. Arisemysoul

Arisemysoul Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I hope you are right. I don't count all the hairs that fall out anymore. But I sure look at a lot of them up close if I can.