Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Losing hair on one side

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Arisemysoul, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Arisemysoul

Arisemysoul Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    How many of you who have Androgenetic Alopecia hair loss lose more hair on one side? I've not been diagnosed but suspect mine is Androgenetic Alopecia. My shed as been down for a while and I even had some regrowth. But my right temple is slowly getting thinner and more see-through. It is like that all the way down my right side hair line. I have diffuse loss all over. But my left side seems to be thicker or maybe just stabilized.

Is that possible with Androgenetic Alopecia?

2. emilya

emilya New Member

Dislikes Received:
    ]I have the same thing going on at the very front/top where I need to use nanogen . I try everything to stimulate some growth but nothing seems to be working there .has anyone tried ginger powder? Just read about it but skeptical

3. papercut

papercut Guest

I have the same thing. The right side of my head is pretty normal and full, but my left temple is getting pretty sparse and see through. I don't know what it is or why it only seems to be happening on one side :(. I've been using my scalp stimulator product only on that side but its not really doing much for the affected area. I have regrowth around it though, but its like this small patch that just wont grow hair.

4. Trish

Trish Guest

I got diagnosed with Alopecia Areata and have hair loss on 90% of one side of my head (left side of head and left eyebrow)!! If you google alopecia areata, wikipedia mentions how it is often one-sided, though I have never read that in anything else about Alopecia Areata. I also get occipital neuralgia on that side of my head, causing nerve jabbing pains. I find when my neck is out, it is worse. Something to consider - having a derm look at it with a magnifying glass (to see if it is Alopecia Areata), and having a chiro see if your neck is out...

5. The Chook

The Chook Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yep. I have Androgenetic Alopecia with more loss on my right side than my left. Doesn't make sense to me but that's how it is.