Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Losing hair underneath?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Frustratedandsad, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Cindy Cedeno

Cindy Cedeno New Member

Dislikes Received:

2. Cindy Cedeno

Cindy Cedeno New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi following this post I know it’s from a while ago but I wanted to hear your feedback on oral minoxidil as I would start it soon. Are you still using it ?

3. AnitaC-D

AnitaC-D New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Dear Cindy, Yes I'm still using oral minixidol still on 1mg which is a very low dose and 100 mg aldactone- this is 3 years now! I'm very pleased with the results. My shedding is normal rate and my hair has grown half way down my back! I went to the dermatologist yesterday and he was quite amazed we may cut the aldactone down to 50mg daily but he was also quick to say that this medication is not a cure and that I will need to take it as long as I want hair!! My scalp feels normal again I can brush my hair without it hurting :) I am also using castor oil on my scalp once weekly rubbed in lightly and a bit through my hair also (dont need much) and my home made shampoo bar which is castor,olive,coconut,rice bran,oils: chamomile tea, and lemon essential oil.
    Please anyone reading this with androgen alopecia talk to your dermatologist about oral minixidol - I wish I had known about this over 10 years ago when my hair first started falling out could have saved me a lot of stress!
    Sorry I didnt reply earlier - I dont always check this site. My email address is anitac-d@bigpond.com
    Kind regards
    Anita