Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Lots Of Pics - Please Take A Look :)

Discussion in 'The Undiagnosed' started by zoop, Dec 30, 2018.

1. zoop

zoop New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello, my hair has always been thin but over the past few years it has gotten worse. I've had blood tests and all my vitamins, thyroid, hormones etc come back as normal every time. Is your hair like mine? If so, what's your diagnosis? :) I'm 23 y/o & I wear wigs occasionally. 20181230_212638-COLLAGE.jpg

2. EndHairlossNow

EndHairlossNow New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have never officially been diagnosed as I have never consulted a dermatologist on the matter before. However, based on the pattern of my hairloss(hairline recession and diffusive thinning of the front), I have a very strong hunch that it is androgenetic alopecia. But even if my hunch is correct, meeting with a dermatologist to get a more accurate assessment would enable me to take further steps to combat the issue. If you dont mind me asking, are you currently taking any meds to treat your hairloss? If so, then what are you taking?

3. Emily!

Emily! New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in my 50's but my hair loss began in my 30's. Mine is worse than yours, but yours looks very similar to what I've experienced. The derm said that I have hereditary hair loss and I do remember my Grandmother had thin, see thru, fine straight hair that she kept permed. My mother and father did not have thin, fine hair. I take Vitamin D daily which I think helps a little. The best thing that helped me was routine aerobic exercise. My scalp would sweat profusely and my hair filled in markedly. Sadly after 2 years, I gave it up and guess what? Thin, see thru hair again. If you're not exercising, start...and keep it up. Rogaine did not help me. Used it for years. Hair vitamins and Viviscal did not help me. Used them for years too. Vigorous exercise has been the only thing I ever noticed actually to make a visible difference. Derm didn't help me either, btw. Best of luck to you in hair issues! PS I became ill when I stopped the exercise and have just not ever been able to get back into it. Still not feeling great though. After this many years of dealing with thin, see thru hair, I don't think it bothers me as bad but I certainly understand your pain.

4. Iyyi

Iyyi Member

Dislikes Received:
    Your pictures was similar to which I went through more than 2 months ago. I was diagnosed with alopecia areata . It just mine hair loss went too fast that I only got 20% hair remaining...but I do see some regrowth now. I just noticed also some hair from other parts of my body is taking time to grow back.

5. Peachtree

Peachtree New Member

Dislikes Received:
    My hairloss looks a lot like yours. I started losing my hair almost 20 yrs ago. It grew back completely with both my pregnancies, but at 3 minths postpartum it all fell oht again. I wear hair toppers every day. My biohair is dry, frizzy and hin and dead. It sucks. I have never received an actual diagnosis, even after multiple scalp biopsies. All lab work is always notmal, except my ferritin is less than 30. I have taken iron supplements every day for 5 yrs and it never goes above 30.

6. Angel

Angel Member

Dislikes Received:
    My hairfall pattern is exactly the same as yours !! Do you also shed a lot of small , thin,circular hair along with some long hair with normal thickness?