Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Louis Ferre Mono-System Topper For Sale- Dark Blonde

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by CKingAnswers, Sep 26, 2012.

1. CKingAnswers

CKingAnswers Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have a barely used, like new piece by Louis Ferre for sale. I purchased it years ago and have never really worn it. It's all human hair, a very nice piece.
    http://www.louisferre.com/
    It's from the Monosystem collection- it blends in with your natural hair and scalp.
    It was purchased for about $300 and has been worn twice. It can be dyed to match your own color, it is currently a dark blonde. Years ago I got blond highlights with the hopes of the lighter color disguising my thinning and my scalp. It actually looked decent by my natural hair is so dark, it was hard to keep up, grew out too fast. Anyways, your stylist can deposit color to match and blend your own hair. It has layers and long bangs. It will work for medium-long layered hair. It adds really nice volume and shape. I just don't feel comfortable in a topper and am happy (knock on wood) using concealers instead.
    I am asking $100 plus shipping. I was going to list it on ebay but wanted to see if any of you were interested first! If I can help any of you wonderful ladies then I am happy to do so, I know how expensive these toppers are. So this could be a good idea to see how you feel about wearing a piece without spending hundreds.
    Feel free to message me with questions or if you're interested.
    Front view:
    [​IMG]

Back view:
    [​IMG]

Inside view:
    [​IMG]

2. taligo

taligo Guest

Hi there- I am interested in this. Did you cut it and curl it in these pictures? What is the texture like when wet? Thanks!

3. CKingAnswers

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Taligo-
    Sorry it has taken me so long to reply.
    Yes, it was cut to match my hair and was curled. Honestly I am not sure about the texture when wet. My stylist ordered it, cut it, colored it, and styled it for me and this was like 3 to 4 years ago. I will bring out the care instructions when I get home to provide you with more details. I can tell you that what you would do is take it to your stylist-a good stylist can make a piece like this work for anyone, I think! Your stylist can color it, if needed, to blend with your own hair- if you are getting your hair colored as well she can do them at the same time, and she can cut it to blend in with your own hair style.
    Let me know if you have any more questions and I will also get you more info on the care and maintenance of the piece.

4. CKingAnswers

Dislikes Received:
    Ok- as far as care and maintenance- you want to use a shampoo that is formulated for wigs, there are lots out there. I never washed it after I got it, and other than being a bit flat from being in the box for so long, it looks good and clean. But you'll want to get a wig stand for it. An inexpensive styrofoam one will work fine. That's what I had but it got damaged when I moved last year. You just gently wash it in the sink or a tub and let it air dry on the stand, or whatever you want to use to prop it up. I remember reading online that someone used a rounded vase or something like that. You aren't supposed to use a hair dryer. Once dry you can style as you would your own hair. I think styling is easier with it on the wig stand.
    My best advice if you want to try this piece is to take it to a good stylist and have her guide you. You can read and research online but having an expert help you first hand is so beneficial.
    Let me know if you're still interested. If not no worries!

5. Hi, I'm interested in this topper. I have a similar hair loss pattern to yours but more severe, and I am currently using Toppik/Couvre. (Side note - I kind of love your side clipped bangs, I will have to try that style!)
    I have been wanting to try a topper, to see if it could work in my hair (which is curly), and possibly as a transition to wigs. I've been hesitant because it seems like a lot for something that may not work. Any chance you'd be interested in dropping the price to $75 + shipping?

6. CKingAnswers

Dislikes Received:
    Crickecrickett- I will PM you.

- - - Updated - - -

Cricket- I couldn't PM you. Can you change your settings so that you can receive PM's?