Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Making lace hairlines look natural

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by Porshiana, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Porshiana

Porshiana Member

Dislikes Received:
    CAM01127.jpg CAM01128.jpg CAM01126.jpg
    I think i finally got it . I can be pretty o.c.d. about the hairline looking natural and surviving any activities. How do you get a lace hairline to look more natural? Any tips or tricks you would like to share?

2. The issue with the hairlines is that they make them so perfect. If you look around at people with bio hair, their hairlines usually aren't formed in a U shape, or half moon. They come forward in some areas, then go back. Also, the density. Most people have sparser hair at their hairline, so you aren't seeing a wall of thick hair coming at you.
    Try plucking some of the hairs in the first centimeter of your wig, all around and kind of random, to thin it out a little. I know this sounds counterproductive to why you're wearing a wig in the first place, but it will help the wig blend more naturally into your face. Also, if you can, try to thin out the part area, super thick parts are a dead giveaway.
    The wig is really pretty though! I love the color! Hope that helped.