Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Matchatea's Story - (30 - Undiagnosed)

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by MatchaTea, Apr 1, 2018.

1. MatchaTea

MatchaTea New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone,
    I started losing my hair around age 24, but it has only become really apparent 6 years later. Most of it is centered around the front of my head (the back is still pretty thick) I am trying to find a PCP to begin finding out what is causing the hair loss. My bet is on it being related to PCOS, which runs in my family. (though I'm the only one who's experienced hair loss from it) I am super self conscious about it. Luckily I have a very supportive fiance and family. They've told me that they can't really see the hair loss because of my height, but they want me to do whatever I need to feel beautiful in my own eyes.
    This last Friday, I decided to take a leap and bought a wig to cover my hair. (the one in my profile picture) I wore it out on Saturday, and today when I went to church with my family. According to all of them, I look fine, but I am hypersensitive about the whole issue. I'm planning on wearing the wig to work tomorrow, and am very nervous about this. I'll most likely update this tomorrow with the results. Wish me luck. >_<

2. Din

Din Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Matcha tea;
    From your picture you look beautiful!,
    No one will know it’s a wig;
    Good luck at work!,

3. Miss Shannon

Miss Shannon New Member

Dislikes Received:

4. Miss Shannon

Miss Shannon New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello MatchaTea,
    I think you made a good decision, getting a wig. It is a big step and it gets easier. Something that has helped me feel better about using wigs is checking out you tubes about how to make the wig look more natural. There are so many women and men that use wigs.