Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Metformin...

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by alicat, Feb 5, 2009.

1. alicat

alicat Guest

It will be a hard adjustment, but I think it will help you feel a lot better!

2. hwag5149

hwag5149 Guest

so i have taken the 3 pills separately yesterday and today and I have no nausea. I am still pooping everywhere and am bloated to no end, but i can deal with that as long as i don't feel like throwing up.

3. alicat

alicat Guest

Ugh. The bloating is what made me miserable. I felt like my tummy was protruding like a woman about to deliver a baby!

For me, cutting back on fatty foods (cookies!!) has really helped my bloating and poopies.

I think you're supposed to take the pill separately anyhow, no? With food too. I take 2 pills each day. One with breakfast, and one with dinner.

4. alicat

alicat Guest

...although I'm thinking of asking my doctor for a dose of 1500mg a day because my body is still not giving me a regular period (or a baby!!) I haven't had a period since February 28 :(

5. iisara21

iisara21 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    :( I'm so sorry to hear that. Have you had your thyroid tested lately?

6. alicat

alicat Guest

No. Does the thyroid affect menstrual cycles? Hmmm. I have been taking my Synthroid at weird times of day with food or vitamins I'm probably not supposed to take it with.

I had a period January 14 and February 28 and nothing since. Hmph!

7. iisara21

iisara21 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, the thyroid can affect menstrual cycles. I've heard conflicting info on being hypothyroid. What I've come across says that you may either get a really heavy period or nothing at all. Anyway, it might be worth looking into. And don't worry, I still have a TON of baby dust to sprinkle on you! :) I'm sorry you haven't had any luck yet. Have faith. You WILL get pregnant. :)

8. melsayles

melsayles Guest

I had same prob with "runs", gas etc. in beginning or if I mess with the dosage, skip too many. doctor told me to take at night and sleep while in the "run" stage. seems to help.