Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

mini-update

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Positive Outlook' started by hairlosshelp, Sep 5, 2015.

1. hairlosshelp

hairlosshelp Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Last week I straightened my hair for the first time in 4 months and I was really nervous to do so after over 10 years of doing it without second thought! I wear my hair in a ponytail or braid to avoid just dealing with it, so I was afraid of what my hair would look like straight again. I was surprised to see after 10 months of persistent shedding the density of my hair is still thicker than my sister who has never suffered from hair loss! Granted her hair has always been naturally thin, less dense (but still "normal looking") while I had a very thick, dense mane, I was shocked that it could still pass for normal and it looks so much better than it did back in April! The shedding is still going on, but for the first time in a REALLY LONG TIME I can actually say that I feel at least somewhat positive. People were over the entire day and I didn't feel like anyone was looking at my scalp despite the thinning at the crown and I actually forgot about my hair loss the entire day!

I am writing the MCAT on September 23rd and putting in applications to medical school so I won't be here much over the next month. If you have time please send me some good wishes on that day! This has been my most challenging summer because I've been very depressed, unmotivated, empty and hopeless, so I'm surprised I'm even attempting this at all, but it's a try and I know if I can clear my head on that day I'll do very well.

2. labellavita1985

labellavita1985 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm so happy for you, hairlosshelp!

I think that when we are shedding persistently we seem to "forget" about the fact that we have over 100,000 hairs on our head, so even after a few months of high shedding (200+) it is very possible that our hair loss will not be apparent to outside observation. Also, I think that even when we are experiencing hair loss, we are also still experiencing regrowth, simultaneously.

Anyway I'm so happy for you and you should be soo proud of yourself too. I hope you will be very successful.

3. Sakura

Sakura Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    that's great hairloss help :) congrats!

4. NoodleHead

NoodleHead Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    That sounds great hairlosshelp! Congrats and good luck to you :)