Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Minimal shed all week -update

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Positive Outlook' started by Distraughtshedder, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Distraughtshedder

Distraughtshedder Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello ladies!

This has been a good hair week for me. I have had minimal shedding ... probably under 50/60 hairs when showering (i dont count them all but thats my guestimate) ...

I discovered that the latisse (bitmatropost) was DEFINITELY the culprit for my zombie like eyes .... I seem to be doing well using it only every Third night .... if I continue to tolerate that well ... I may try every other day. I have noticed though that my eyelashes are friggin fabulous lol ... who knew putting latisse on ur scalp would work on the lash as well ... i am going to start putting it directly on my lashline the nights i do my scalp and see what happens.

I am going to bump my iron back up to two per day. Hopefully get this ferritin up and get some regrowth ...

I know this is a hair forum ... but i seemed to have lost about 8lbs lol ... stress maybe ... idk... but i'll take it

2. rachelscott8585

Dislikes Received:
    Hi there,

What great news! I hope you continue to see the number of hairs decline!

Forgive me if you've mentioned this before, but you are using Latisse on your scalp? Can you inform us of how you are applying it? I actually just ordered some online after hearing of another member having success with it. I really need it for my eyelashes and eyebrows as well since they seem to fall quickly as well. It'd be quite helpful to know how you're applying it on your scalp as I'd like to do the same.

Thanks in advance!

3. Distraughtshedder

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Rachel!

No problem... i mixed 3 bitmatropost bottles and one rogaine in a travel sized spray bottle. I saturated my crown by making 4/6 parts and generously applying/spraying. I also used a wide tooth comb to kind of aggressively massage the crown by raking over the area a good 10-15 times.

I will say i am pretty sure the latisse caused my zombie eyes(bloodshot and terrible dark circles) ... so i switched to applying the latisse mixture every 3 days and plain rogaine everyday... so far so good.

- - - Updated - - -

Bitmatropost is the generic version of latisse .. much less expensive ... i got 6 bottles for like 80 bucks .. and the first concoction has lasted well over a month ... just an fyi :)

4. rachelscott8585

Dislikes Received:
    Great! Thanks for the update! My last question, I promise: where did you get your Bitmatropost from? I just ordered from an online pharmacy, but it was 103 dollars for 6 bottles.

5. Distraughtshedder

Dislikes Received:
    http://www.alldaychemist.com/careprost.html. good luck

- - - Updated - - -

I didnt add the shipping .. looks it is about the same when you do .... but dont worry it lasts a while .... if you do it the way i did it should last at least 2 months .. maybe 3

6. labellavita1985

labellavita1985 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Distraughtshedder,

I am so happy for you!! Thanks for keeping us updated and posting pictures. There seems to be an improvement already in your pictures! That's amazing, but I wanted to tell you that it is still very very early so hang in there and try to be patient. You may find that your shed fluctuates and you still have days where you are shedding more, that's probably the minoxidil dread shed coming to an end, so hang in there.

Are you on 5% minoxidil? And thanks for the idea on mixing the bimatoprost with minoxidil, I may just do that as I ordered some Careprost from alldaychemist, and was thinking of a way to apply it to make it last because the tubes are so tiny. And yes, I have read that bimatoprost can cause some skin changes, so it's good that you are aware of that now and are making appropriate changes. Please continue to keep us updated, I am very interested to see how you continue to respond to your treatments, as I am starting a minoxidil/bimatoprost combination treatment soon. Are you taking anything else? Birth control, Spironolactone, etc? Biotin?

Did you come up with the idea of mixing bimatoprost with your minoxidil or did you read it somewhere?

I have always read that people don't think of bimatoprost as a valid treatment option, because it is so expensive and people think that it won't work in tiny quantities such as we get in Latisse. Add to that the fact that we dilute it even more by mixing it with something (rogaine,) so I was having doubts about if I just totally wasted my money. But the fact that it is working on your eyelashes is so promising! It appears that it is being absorbed systemically, since you are not applying to your lashes directly. Keep in touch! Best of luck.

7. Distraughtshedder

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Labellavita

I read that a few drs down here in florida were prescribing the latisse off label for the scalp and seeing success ... not really regrowth so much ... but thickening and darkening of the hair that was already there ... so I said why not ... I found a uk based website that suggested mixing it directly with the rogaine so I tried it that way. It has been easy to apply and has lasted quite a while ... I was worried about the cost as well and being able to keep up with it. However it seems that wont be much of an issue since its lasting so long... I still havent opened the other bottles I have .

I am on the equate version 5% mens minoxodil once per day.... I think its making my face puffy so I am going to switch to using it at night ...hopefully the puffiness subsides after 8 hours of sleep lol.

I take 10000 mcg of biotin
    1 glytone anacap (I may stop these .. my derm gave them to me before all the tests came back... I think its just an over priced vitamin lol)
    3grams of collagen .. types 1 2 and 3
    Msm chrondroiton and glucosamine 1200mg
    A multivitamin
    2 -65mg iron

And wash with nizoral shampoo.

I dont think I have had the dreaded "dread shed" ... perhaps I am lucky. Since I have started my shedding just continues to decrease...I have days here and there where it seems to be a lot .... but nothing at all like it was before or what I would call alarming.

I have a follow up appointment on the 28th and want to talk to her about Spironolactone or something ... my testosterone was a bit high so I think it may help me... plus help with the water retention in my face from the rogaine lol.

I chatted with the nurse briefly and they seem to think this happened to me because of the prednisone i took earlier in the yr and that it exacerbated some underlying issues as well .... it literally just fell out so quickly and seems to be bouncing back quickly .... only time will tell but I am feeling positive about it at this point .... its all I can do ... I spent two months wanting to cry everyday and thats no fun lol.

Good luck with the carepost ... I definitely think it helps but it was hell on my eyes ... prolly a double whammy because rogaine can cause some of the same symptoms. I have been using the latisse mixture every third day for a week or so now and plain rogaine every day..... my eyes are red that day and the next morning ... but clear up quickly ...I think I'll keep this method ... no point in having a head full of hair and looking like i am part of the walking dead lol.

3 more weeks until my next set of photos ... I'll be sure to post them ... hopefully it will be a happy post ☺ #fingerscrossed

- - - Updated - - -

Also... I always give the latisse/rogaine mixture a good shake before I apply it .... thats my attempt at getting an even dose of both lol

8. labellavita1985

labellavita1985 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Am I the only one who thinks there is an improvement already in OP's pictures? I have this working theory that minoxidil actually starts growing hair pretty much immediately, at least in the follicles that have recently shed hair. Then, a bit later, the minoxidil causes the hairs that were on their way to miniaturization and the ones that were going to enter telogen soon to fall out. In the meantime, the resting hairs have begun growing since the beginning from the minoxidil.

9. megan99

megan99 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Distraughtshedder,

Did you start the latisse at the same time you started the minoxidil? Or were you on minoxidil for a while before? If at the same time you won't really know if the latisse is helping or if its just the minoxidil, I guess. I googled to see if others are doing this with success--didn't really find anything. It seems like a really good idea...

10. Distraughtshedder

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I started them at the same time. I cant be sure that the results are not just from the minoxidil... but from everything I have read and and/or heard in this forum. Its unlikely that rogaine alone would have produced such great results so quickly. I started seeing improvement at 1 week and at 4 weeks i had results that can be seen in photos.

- - - Updated - - -

[​IMG]