Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Minoxidil Sucsess With A Long Dread Shed

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Positive Outlook' started by Mina, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Mina

Mina Member

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone had sucsess with minoxidil and long dread shed?

2. Kelant

Kelant New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I started using Regaine foam 5% about 2 years ago, I had an awful shed for 4 month plus. It was a stressful time, however it has really filled out the top of my hair, in fact it is down to my chin now. For me it has been worth it.

sunlit likes this.
  3. Mina

Mina Member

Dislikes Received:
    Kelnat thank u so much for ur reply. I am where I really dont know what to do. Been on minoxidil liquid for 4 months and still shedding so much Dont know if I should quit or just continue this treatment. Hair is viseable thinner then when I started.
    Do u remember when u started to see some difference? And did ur shed stop suddenly? Plz reply soon..

4. Kelant

Kelant New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Mina, it was about 6 months when I really noticed the hair growing, started with a fine fluffy hair then the hair seemed to become stronger. When I was going through the dread shed my hair got even thinner and was awful, it was a very stressful time! I still get shedding now but with the extra hair from Regaine it doesn't seem to matter as it's that much thicker overall. Looking at other comments it seems like others are noticing growth after about 4-6 months, so maybe give it a bit longer to be sure if it will work for you, it would be a shame to have gone 4 months and give up too soon, I really hope it works for you.

5. Mina

Mina Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I think maybe I should give it some more time. I do see regrowth, but shedding is so much that overall hair has tinned out so much. What scares me is that I have used minoxidil before and then my dred shed lasted for 2-3 weeks and then my shedding stopped completely. By month 4 my hair was so much better.
    This time is so different. I know minoxidil is doing something, because I do have the same side effects as last time, longer lashes, more eyebrows, facial hair etc. But the shedding has not stopped :( I keep praying all me hair will regrow

6. Kelant

Kelant New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I really hope it works for you, it is tough with the shedding, but I have heard that it is usually a sign that it is working, so fingers crossed for you. I do actually wear a topper now as I needed something to get me through and the bottom of my hair where I don't apply the regaine is no better. When I do sports I don't wear the topper though.

7. Mina

Mina Member

Dislikes Received:
    How was ur hair before rogaine? Was the scalp showing? U said rogaine has filled the top, does that mean u cant see ur scalp at all?

8. Kelant

Kelant New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have never had thick luscious hair, but when I look back at pics from my 20's I see it wasn't as thin as I thought! I cannot see my scalp now, I have a thin parting and the temples have filled out too. I would be worried to stop using Regaine now, after 2 years it is down to my chin. My husband cut the bottom for me a couple of weeks ago and I actually felt better about it as all the wispy thin ends were gone and it looked much better overall.