Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Miranda Hart 'make-over'

Discussion in 'Girl Talk!' started by Nerak, May 8, 2015.

1. Nerak

Nerak Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...sy-Hollywood-makeover-Graham-Norton-Show.html

Anyone else see the pictures of Miranda Hart's 'new look'? I've attached a link. She's a British comedian if you don't know her.

No denying she looks fab but when you compare before and after pics she's clearly wearing a wig, hairpiece or system of some kind.

I think it looks great, I just really wish more people in the public eye would speak out about hairloss and be honest, maybe then we can break the taboo of helper hair.

This should be a great inspiration to anyone considering getting a little help, it really does look good

2. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I noticed the article mentions longer hair "coiffed to perfection" - sounds like they did something with at least extensions. But good for her! Like you I wish the thought of "wearing hair" would become more mainstream.

3. sunlit

sunlit Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    She looks great! I'm a fan of Miranda.

I wish wearing toppers and wigs was more commonplace and mainstream... this is a really great example of somebody who doesn't ne to wear hair but might want to sometimes for a bit of extra glamour. I wish hairpieces were as normalised as high heels, it makes total sense to have one in your wardrobe to wear on a night out or special occasion. I mean, hell, you can buy silicon 'enhancer' bra inserts in any high street shop these days, and arguably that's weirder than helper hair. I don't think anything of owning a pair of those, why should fake hair be any different?

While the style really suits her, I do think the topper looks pretty wiggy - it's too dark and has too much volume on the top, which makes it look obvious. I like her lighter natural hair better. I think she looks even better in the red carpet pictures further down the page, especially the one where she's wearing a yellow top and black jacket - that kind of outfit and hair look fantastic on tall women. I think she's a very striking woman.

The Daily Mail is such a vile paper though. Honestly the way that article is written makes me shudder. They really have it in for her.