Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Mom2Cuties's story - (34 year old mom)

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by Mom2Cuties, May 5, 2008.

1. Mom2Cuties

Mom2Cuties Member

Dislikes Received:
    First off, I want to say that I spent a lot of my free time over the weekend lurking and going through old threads. What an awesome board! I feel so lucky to have found this group! Thank you - all of you for sharing your stories! :)

I am a 34 year old mom to a 2 and 4 yr old boys.

My hair started thinning out in my late teens. I would say that I noticed it when I was 19 or so. Although, in high school I did have a jerk call me baldie :roll: once. My hair must have started to thin then and I just wasn't aware of it. :dunno:

I learned how to camoflauge my thinning hair. I started out just wearing my hair up in barettes to cover the top of my head and then went to ponytails. To this day I still do the same thing. I haven't worn my hair completely down (out of the house) in years. I think that it has become a joke to my two cousins which are young teens. They used to bet each other about me wearing my hair up when they saw me. Jerks lol :roll:

My hair is the thinnest on top...all over the top. It is thin on the sides too but not like the top. :sobbing: I have a good friend that was complaining to me the other day that her hair "was just too thick." I was like...you have to be kidding me. You are telling me this because???

My mom has thin hair. My aunt has thin hair. My grandmother had thick hair until a late age. My great grandmother had very thin hair (so I was told). But I have by far the thinnest hair. I joke (but only half joking) with my husband that we should not have any more children because I don't want to curse a daughter with this hair. He laughs but I think he probably knows I am kind of serious.

My 4 year old was sitting on my lap a few months ago and was playing with my hair. Out of the blue, he said, "Mommy! I can see your brain!" I laughed because it was so stinkin' cute but it hurt too. He loves me anyway and has no idea that my hair is any different from anyone else. But one day he will. Will I embarass him? :sobbing: I am embarrassed of myself sometimes. I hate when you are talking to someone and you see their eyes wander up to your head! I want to crawl into a dark hole when that happens. My husband doesn't understand why I let it get to me. He tries to be comforting and supportive, but how does he know how it feels? He is a good looking man with a full head of hair. It doesn't even compare. I thank God for him. He loves me the way I am.

I've never gone to the doctor about my hair. I had two doctors mention it to me :( at appointments but when I say that most of the women in my family have thin hair they move on. DH doesn't even think I should go. I mean, if it is a genetic thing - is it worth going? Can anything really be done?

I cry often about this. Then I feel like a shallow jerk because my life could be so much worse.

I was at the store over the weekend, and the cashier was an older woman with very thin hair. It made me so sad to look at her. As I was standing in the LONGGGGGG Walmart line, tried not to look at her hair (when she wasn't looking) but I couldn't help it. In my head I was comparing my hair to hers. It made her look so much older than I bet she really was. When I got home that night, I started doing searches and found the group. :)

Thanks for listening! I am looking forward to getting to know you all! :punk:

2. justme

justme Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Re: My story - another newbie :c)

Mom2cuties
    Just want to say welcome to a fellow ohio lady & I think you should look at pictures of Merry with her topper you might want to try one it will make you feel sooo much better when going out,I know because I have one now for about 3months :jump: There are alot of ladies here with toppers & wigs and they look great, not to forget to mention those lovely ladies with the beautiful bald look! Hope you find all you need here Bless you
    Valentine :heart: :)

3. sgomez33

sgomez33 Guest

Welcome Mom2cuties! I'm so glad you found this place. There are some awesome ladies here that are very encouraging and inspiring. I myself have been so enriched by reading and posting here.

Bye the way, that what soooo cute about what your son said!! lol! Don't kids just say the darndest things? They are so innocently honest about everything.

4. curlyone

curlyone Guest

Hi and welcome ! I am new as well, but so far I have gotten to speak to some great women and it has helped me tremendously. Definitely check out the pictures of women w/ wigs and toppers, the women who posted their pics look stunning! And don't feel bad about cying , you aren't shallow, you are normal ...that's one of the best things about this board, everyone here has felt like that, shoot, I was there today but then I come here and know I will talk to people who understand and it helps alot :) :grouphug:

5. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

Hi, You are very welcome!

PLease read more posts and maybe it can help you for treatment or a wig. PLease stay with us and I hope we can support you.