Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

More spots and regrowth gone!!!

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by Rnay, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Rnay

Rnay Guest

I was wondering if this is normal.... I had regrowth 3 days after my injections and its been 2 weeks all of the new growth is gone and I have 4 bald spot now.... I wonder does the injections cause the spots to move somewhere else? The reason I asked is the spot on the back of my head was there about 6 weeks and then I had the injection and with in 2 weeks I had another spot, had injections in the 2nd spot and now I have 4 spots...Thanks for your input....

Renee'

2. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Renee,

The injections do not cause spots to move elsewhere. It sounds like your Alopecia Areata is active at this time. That is probably why you are getting new spots and have lost the new growth too. Unfortunately there is no treatment available at this time that will stop the hair from falling out.

You can continue the injections because they do jumpstart regrowth in the bald spots.

There are also concealing products available that you can use for your spots until your hair starts to grow back. Here are a couple of websites for you to look at:

http://www.couvre.com
    http://www.toppik.com
    http://www.dermatch.com

Please keep me updated about your progress. I'm here to help in any way I can. I know it's not an easy time for you right now but you won't have to face it on your own.

Take care. ((((Big hugs)))) Joann

3. Rnay

Rnay Guest

I feel like I am being a big old cry baby, this is so hard for me and you all on this site have been so kind and informative..... I did not even know that they made stuff to cover bald spots up..... Thanks for the sites....I think the toppik is the one I am thinking about ..... Do you have a preference....

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

Renee'
    Thanks so much

4. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    ((((Renee)))) you're very welcome.

I didn't find support until 2 years after I went completely bald. I had no idea at the time that products like these existed so I can't give you first hand experience about them.

From what I can gather the toppik works very well in thinning areas. It is in a shaker and you sprinkle it on. It is like little fibers that cling to your existing hair. The couvre and dermatch are like makeup that you apply in the colour closest to you own hair to mask the spots especially if they are on the large size.

Hopefully some of the other girls may chime in here with their personal preferences.

Renee we know how you feel and are glad to help in anyway we can. Take care. Keep in touch. ((((Big hugs)))) Joann

5. maisydaisy

maisydaisy Guest

Hi Rnay,
    I used to use Dermmatch when I had Alopecia Areata. It worked really well, even on large spots.
    What's your haircolor? I probably have a disc or two of Dermmatch lying around that I can't use anymore and I'll send to you if you want to try it.

6. Rnay

Rnay Guest

My hair color is med. brown and that is so nice of you to offer... I would be more than glad to pay you for them.... You said when you had Alopecia Areata, Are you in remision or what? New at this bare with me,

7. maisydaisy

maisydaisy Guest

Rnay,
    While many Alopecia Areata sufferers do enjoy remission and full regrowth, I am not one of them. I am currently Alopecia Universalis (alopecia universalis), and that is why I said I *used* to have Alopecia Areata.
    I have an almost-new disc of light brown Dermmatch...don't know if that would work for you or not. You can go look at the color chart at http://www.dermmatch.com to see what color you'd need. If you think the light brown would work, you're welcome to it.
    Let me know if you have any questions or wanna talk!

Hugs,
    Maisy

8. Rnay

Rnay Guest

Maisy,

I thank you so much for the offer, but I think I will need med. brown and I know where I can buy it....

Thanks so much
    Renee'

9. sudsie

sudsie Guest

I've been using derm match and like it a lot--it's been the only thing keeping me from needing a topper. I tried Couvre but it didn't seem to have the same coverage and I have some BIG bald spots. Toppik helped a little but it can't thicken hair if there's none there!

10. kookla

kookla Guest

Toppik will help if you have a thin area because it helps fill in the spot. Try folica.com for a selection of hair loss products. I've ordered from them before.

I have no experience with this but my endo said she had patients who did really well with regrowth using the cortisone injections and I believe they also used rogaine simultaneously.

11. Rnay

Rnay Guest

Thanks

I want to thank all of you for the helpful info...

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

Renee'