Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

My boyfriend has broken up

Discussion in 'Girl Talk!' started by Marianne, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Marianne

Marianne Guest

My boyfriend broke up with me today, and I feel so extremely sad. I actually thought that we should be together for the rest of our lives. He is also the best friend I have ever had. He is also the only one in real life, except doctors, that I have managed to tell about my hair loss problem, and he was supportive too, told me that my hair didn´t mean anything to him, that it was me he loved, not my hair. He didn´t break up because of my hair, by the way, but that doesn´t make things any better.
    He is gone, may be I will never see him again, may be we will never talk to each other again, and he has been my best friend for years, he was my best friend before we started dating and having a relationship.

Now I feel so alone, so sad, like all my normal feelings are gone for ever and that I can´t feel anything but pain. I don´t know who to talk with, everybody is so occupied with their own lives. I have talked to two friends of mine today, but I know that I can´t keep on calling them every day when I feel completely miserable, because they are busy with their own lives and jobs and family and children, and for the last years my best friend, now ex-boyfriend, has been the person I have been calling and been talking to about everything in my life.

I feel so down now...

2. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Marianne, I'm so sorry to hear you sad news about your boyfriend breaking up with you. A difficult time for you.:grouphug: I have 2 sons who are presently going through break ups that were not of their choosing. My heart hurts for them and I would like to be able to take their sadness away.

I can support and try to tell them that they will find their true soul mates in time but unfortunately I can't spare them the pain of their loss. Like with all losses there are stages that one has to go through to be able to move on to heal and accept the loss.

By chance I came across this positive quote today that I will share here with you. I hope it helps lift your spirits a bit.

"Don’t be afraid to get back up – to try again, to love again, to live again, and to dream again. Don’t let a hard lesson harden your heart. Life’s best lessons are often learned at the worst times and from the worst mistakes. There will be times when it seems like everything that could possibly go wrong is going wrong. And you might feel like you will be stuck in this rut forever, but you won’t. When you feel like quitting, remember that sometimes things have to go very wrong before they can be right. Sometimes you have to go through the worst, to arrive at your best."

Hugs
    Joann

3. Marianne

Marianne Guest

Thanks a lot, Joann. I feel sorry about your sons´break ups. Going through break ups is terrible. I started to cry a bit reading the blue text, I know it is true, but it is so hard to believe that life will be okay again after this.