Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

My Fortune Wigs update

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by Hennared, May 25, 2012.

1. Hennared

Hennared Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    A bit ago I posted asking about Fortune wigs, as my custom was taking a while... here's my update.

My fully custom wig was made entirely, utterly wrong, and the 'wrong' was not caught before shipping to me. It was pitch black, standard cap, when I ordered custom color and fully hand tied. There was also some other customization that did not happen. EXTREMELY disappointed, esp. after a long wait (about 6 weeks,which is ok - if you get what you are waiting for!!) They did find the error, and they told me they would remake my wig, WITH all my specifications, and I am supposed to be getting a hair quality upgrade for free. However... even on rush order, it will take 4 weeks :(

I'm ok with this IF they get it all right this time; if not... I'm not sure what I'm going to do (besides 'blow a head gasket' as my Daddy might say). They were very apologetic on the phone, and I think they will make it right, but, I'll believe it when it's in my hands!!

The wig I got did, by the way, have amazingly nice hair (compared to so-called virgin lace wigs I've had) and the wave pattern they use is totally natural looking.

I'll report back how things end up in the end; I think it's always good to know the good and bad about any company selling hair goods... it's a large investment for us, right?

2. sw33ti3

sw33ti3 Guest

Shitty deal! I'm really sorry to hear that :(
    I hope the new one makes up for it,
    fingers crossed for you!

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    What a bummer. Hope it gets done right.

4. askalice

askalice Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I remain hopeful. I understand your hope to come up with a better solution for quality hair in a cap that is similar to your lace wigs-it would be so great if it all works out. I look forward to hearing the next part of the story-I know it will be some time. But if the hair is consistently better than the lace wig companies then it will be worth the aggravation of this first order.

I ordered a regular wig (from the folks across the street from Fortune) and it came without the right wave pattern-but they ordered the replacement to be started at the factory before I even got the piece back in the return mail-so the turn around time was short and the new piece was perfect. So keeping my fingers crossed for you.

5. PennyBlossom

PennyBlossom Guest

I am considering ordering from them. I would be devastated if I put in a custom order only to have it come to me completely different from what I expected. I have heard excellent things about their customer service though, and it seems like they are trying to make it right with you. Please let us know when you receive your new piece how you like it.