Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

My Hair Became Brittle Within The Last Year

Discussion in 'Living with Androgenetic Alopecia' started by Blue, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Blue

Blue New Member

Dislikes Received:
    So I have Androgenetic Alopecia and suffering for almost 10 years. Every day is a struggle.

Until last year my hair was actually soft although thinning significantly. However, within a year my hair became dull and brittle. Difficult even to comb.

My treatments are just - oral vitamins, lavender shampoo mixed with yeast and nettle+lavender rinse

I have been doing garlic treatment and nettle rinse for years, never experienced brittle though.

What could be the causes and what can I do to restore without making much hair falling? Maybe the hair texture just changes after years of Androgenetic Alopecia? Ugh, I am so depressed :(

2. unefemme

unefemme Member

Dislikes Received:
    I find that I need to use a fairly rich conditioner in order to make my hair feel, well, like hair! I don't put the conditioner throughout my hair (as I did when I had really thick hair), but I do put it a little from about the 1/2 mark to my ends. When I rinse my hair, I try to make sure that some of the rinsing water hits my roots - a very, very watered down version of the conditioner. Sometimes my hair gets too soft (thinner hair has a tendency to do that with conditioners), so I reduce the amount of conditioner. Good luck, if you choose to try this!

Blue likes this.