Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

My pictures and short story, etc

Discussion in 'Living with Androgenetic Alopecia' started by CKingAnswers, Sep 10, 2012.

1. CKingAnswers

CKingAnswers Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi All,
    I have been off the boards for awhile. Over the summer I had some issues with the site and my username being deleted. It's finally been restored but a lot of my posts and my old pictures weren't recovered.
    I took some pictures this morning of my awful hair (or lack thereof!). I am going to try to post some old pictures too, for comparisons.
    In short my background story is: As of 2005 or so I started loss. It didn't seem significant so I wrote it off to stress. By 2007 I had a significant widening part. Got diagnosed with PCOS/Androgenetic Alopecia. I have high testosterone levels, do not ovulate, etc. Got put on Spironolactone and Metformin (even though I am not really IR, I had the typical mid section weight gain of PCOS). Took Spironolactone for about a year, got pregnant with the help of Clomid, stopped Spironolactone, started again approximately late 2008. Fast forward to today and here I am. No significant improvement. I like to think the Spironolactone is helping me keep the hair I have, if nothing else. Oh, and I tried Rogaine for close to a year in 2010-2011. I didn't feel it was helping and it's so expensive so I stopped. Now I always wonder if I should have kept with it.
    So--her are my pics as of this morning. I will find some older pics and post them here as well. If you have any thoughts or questions let me know! At this point my view is so distorted that I can't tell if it's the same, worse, or better! I do feel that the back of my head is worse. It got better before I was pregnant and over the past 2 years I think it has regressed :( The last one is styled with Dermmatch and Toppik. My saviors!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, that last picture looks so good!! Thank you for sharing. I haven't tried any concealers yet because most of my lost is in the front and I kinda part it in the middle with side bangs. I couldn't pull off that cute clip you have! Have you used it in the front and would it be really noticeable?