Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

My Progress

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by mrvitous26, Feb 9, 2015.

1. mrvitous26

mrvitous26 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all!

This will be my 5th month using Rogaine. Results?: I would say pretty positive. Check out some of my old posts to see before and after. Consistence pays off. :punk::eek::D

Still trying to figure out what shampoos are best. My scalp gets itchy when I don't wash it, but now I am trying to wash it less frequently. I notice more shed on days I don't wash it but that is probably hair that would fall out anyway. I work out everyday and my hair gets soaked which creates excess oil... What shampoos are good?! Please help!

I have Androgenetic Alopecia with a touch of dermatitis. Currently on Men's 5% liquid Rogaine and 50 mg of Spironolactone... Things have been filling in and I have hair growing everywhere.

-Michelle

Attached Files:

2. Wolf924

Wolf924 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Great news!!! Question- did you have a dread shed on rogaine? I use Avalon organic biotin shampoo and it seems to control the oils.

3. rva207

rva207 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Great news! Are you still using Rogaine twice per day or did you drop back to once?

4. sunlit

sunlit Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Your hair looks so thick and glossy! There's so much new hair at your temples and your parting looks narrower and narrower. I'm so glad it's working for you!

5. Kadee

Kadee Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think many of us on this forum are envious! Your hair looks fantastic. Inspiring the rogaine and low dose Spironolactone is working for you!

6. mrvitous26

Dislikes Received:
    es, The second month of Rogaine was pure horror. But it DID stop. What we have to realize is that all the old weak hair has to be knocked out before stronger hairs can come in.

Sucks, but it's the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Kadee, thank you for saying that. Now keep in mind that was the day I got it cut and styled. Since I am using Rogaine 2x a day it looks like **** most of the time. But it's worth it if it means I have hair!!! I am very persistent with using it 2x a day!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Sunlit. Me too! I don't know how I can "not" wash it though. I deal with flaking and itching so I am still trying to figure out what shampoos to use... I wish more women would post about this...

Maybe it just means no one has found anything yet? Anyone hear about the Surface line of products? Supposedly organic...

I tried Bumble & Bumble but I feel like that shampoo just flattens hair out... Skipping wash days just leaves my scalp feeling itchy and gross and I swear I lose more hair then I would if I wash it everyday... I am so stuck on what to do. I feel like those like me with Androgenetic Alopecia can't really go by the guideline of "not washing" it. With Rogaine use, there is extra build-up and since I work out all the time that's even more build up...

- - - Updated - - -

I went back to 2x a day because I felt like I started to shed when switching to 1x a day... Down the road I may try 1x a day once things are more stable. They say not to switch usage in the first year. Or maybe it's me that thinks/says that...It just makes sense because that is the length of time you need to give it to do it's magic...

Thanks.

7. DonnaL

DonnaL Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow! Your hair looks fantastic! Would never even guess you had hair loss!

8. mrvitous26

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Donna! ;)

9. JustMeS

JustMeS Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I looked at your old photos and honestly your hair didn't really look like it was thinning? Of course now it looks fantastic but also then it looked good. Are you sure you even have Androgenetic Alopecia, and not just a TE that is resolving on it's own? Because your hair looks sooo good! I'm really envious :)

10. mrvitous26

Dislikes Received:
    Hmmm I think it's pretty obvious how bad it was... Yes I had scalp test done and was diagnosed by three different dermatologists... Trust me I wanted to believe it was something else but it kept getting worse and worse... I don't see how I would have ever recovered... Now it's finally starting to look normal again...

11. Kadee

Kadee Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Do you apply mostly to the top / front of your head? If I remember right I think you said awhile back you were using too much trying to cover more and had to cut back some?

12. mrvitous26

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Kadee,

I wasn't sure how to use Rogaine! I remember I kept thinking, only 1ML? How when I am losing hair all over? The thing about Rogaine is that it is very systematic (this is why hair grows other places) which for some reason all of a sudden I stopped growing excessive hair on my neck all of a sudden, seems more normal, maybe changing my pillow cases more has been helping with this. Anyway I stick with the 1 ml as this is what they recommend. I stick with the crown area. I haven't taken a look in back in a while but it seems to be filling in all over, my hair lady noticed this as well, 1 inch hairs all over.

Trying to apply to the crown area and in back is overdosing ladies. Please remember that it is systematic. I dab a little by my temples and hairline but its from my fingers, I am not using the actual dropper. This can be a little time consuming...because I am careful with the way I apply it (making sure to get it directly on the scalp.) I love using the dropper vs. the foam. I think it's way easier this way for us ladies to apply on the scalp and not on the hair...! Some of the droppers I've noticed suck and drip all over, but some work just fine with no excess dripping (goes exactly where I want it to.)) Once you find a dropper you like, I recommend keeping that one. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Crown region as in on top and on sides but not in back...

13. Wolf924

Wolf924 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Good advice!!!! ^