Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

My Recovery Story From Cte After Nearly 3 Years

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by Deepti, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Deepti

Deepti New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys,

I am here to share my story. My hair fall started in the April of 2015 and until June I didn't do anything about it thinking it will eventually stop. I know I was Crazy But that's the advice I was given by colleagues it was crazy shedding about 200 to 250 day and more and then I couldn't handle it anymore I went to the dermatologist and he got my ferritin checked it was really low and put me on Iron supplements I was so paranoid I would take more than the prescribed dose but a month went by it did reduce but never really stopped now I was shedding 100 a day. Unfortunately in the first week of August that year I was diagnosed with dengue fever and about 15 days after I recovered I noticed the shedding had not stopped and it would worsen in the months to come life was miserable. To cut the long story short I did a lot of things went to a couple of doctors did many tests wasted lot of money wasted a lot of time and energy on worrying. Nothing was working. But I'm happy to inform you that finally after 2 years and 11 months the shedding has completely stopped I am now shedding just about 5 to 10 per day and around 20 during oiling. I want to tell everyone that there is light at the end of the tunnel be positive don't waste your money on doctors just take care of diet drink lots of water , avoid caffeine smoking gluten and be positive visualise that everything is going to be well I know its difficult but you are going to get through it. I love you all.

jump1 and shortcurlyhair.net like this.
  2. jump1

jump1 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am delighted for you. Questions though. How was your regrowth during this? How is your regrowth now? Is your individual hair strands thinner. 22 months nearly 23 of shedding for me. It has slowed down at the moment. Interested in your regrowth and hair follicle/strand quality