Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

My Shedding Is Down But I’m Still Paranoid

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by anxiety43, Jan 21, 2019.

1. anxiety43

anxiety43 Member

Dislikes Received:
    still no diagnosis but in the process of finding an endo to go over a thorough hormonal panel with me. i noticed after a few more dramatic hair cuts, my shedding cut in half. i would get 20 hairs rather than 50-75, over the past 3 months, this has continued to dwindle. I’ve been off the pill for 10 months now and see hair growth like crazy all over my top scalp, but it lacking toward the front and also where my cowlicks look worst. now today, i haven’t washed my hair in 36 hours and i counted 15 hairs and freaked out. i also have had a very heavy intense period from my new copper IUD. i’ve been shedding thinner hairs, and some shorter ones but it’s been very little the past 90 days. i don’t want to be hopeful for recovery but it’s hard to keep from dreaming about not worrying about my hair. my partner ran his hands through my hair last night and my body felt electrocuted when i realized how thin it must’ve felt to him. where’s my long bushy hermione granger hair? it doesn’t help that tomorrow i have a group job interview at a clothing boutique and feel just awful about how i look, resulting in me eating only like 800 calories at the most yesterday. i’m sad but trying to remain realistic that genetics may just take my hair little by little each year.

#1 anxiety43, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Farrah711 likes this.
  2. grace90

grace90 Member

Dislikes Received:
    It sounds to me like you are in the beginning stages of recovery. For me and lots of others, shed fluctuation is one of the first things we experienced as our hair cycles began to stabilize. The fact that you see growth is good. Not all your hair will come back at the same time. Shedding thinner/shorter hairs is a good sign too. Sometimes the follicles need to cycle through before they can go back to normal. Please make sure you get enough calories!! This whole mess started for me because I wasn't eating enough. Make sure you get enough protein. Hang in there, you're not alone!

Farrah711 likes this.
  3. anxiety43

anxiety43 Member

Dislikes Received:
    thank you so much for replying! my disordered eating definitely contributes to my anemia and stress so i’m trying to address those issues with my doctor separately as well. its been a very hard year for me because of this, even harder than when i had gone through intense trauma in the past. you never dream that your hair could effect you that deeply but it can. i comb my hair out at the sink and feel my heart clench when i see every strand, trying to be ok with whatever may be my new normal. this forum and the knowledge and insight from its members has been hugely educating on the variety and complexity of what is hairloss. i don’t know how i would’ve emotionally kept it together without reading the very impacting personal stories of women on here. thank you again.❤️