Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

My Story Begins...started Prp Just Under A Month Back

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by greeneyes, Jul 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. greeneyes

greeneyes New Member

Dislikes Received:
    So I finally decided to start with prp..hd my first session a month back. Its a doctor in the NYC metro area. The shots were not that painful..just like someone pulling out your hair..but literally it take 60 secs in total and I was on my way. I didnt take any meds for pain..I went my own way doing everything the same. I use concealers and the doctor said it was ok to use. I was prescribed the following: Minoxidil oral meds (low dose), nutrafol (2 per night with my meal). The doctor wanted to give me finasteride but since I was not on birth control he said he would not put me on that. He told me not to use any chemicals on my hair, etc..which was fine as I don't. Prior to the prp I was losing 5-15 hairs a day (that I could see after a shower). I do blow dry my hair on low heat and may be losing hair during that too (and my bathroom floor does have hair lying around) - so I'm sure I was losing more hair than I saw. After the prp, the first 4 days there was 0 hairfall..seriously..then I noticed it went back to the same..I will be getting my second shot shortly..I dont see any changes yet..of course it is too early..I'm going to give it a few months before I share my opinion or post any photos..I took them right after the first procedure..so will continue to do that and post it after a few months..I've been on this forum for many years now..and I wish I did something before I lost all my hair..btw I am 41..if you need to know something specific send me a private message. If they are general questions..happy to answer it here..

arina likes this.
  2. Paperclips

Paperclips Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks so much for posting about your experience! I'm interested in PRP for myself but have only done some cursory research.

Had you tried topical rogaine in the past?

Did you take any "Before" pix?

Thank you!!

3. greeneyes

greeneyes New Member

Dislikes Received:
    No I haven't tried nay topical solutions and I was surprised that I was given oral minoxidil than anything topical. Yep, I have pix..that I will post in a few months..along with treatment # and progress (which I do hope to see!!). Fingers crossed.