Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

My topper

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by KY girl, Apr 29, 2005.

1. KY girl

KY girl Guest

I had my topper cut in today and want to ask some questions for you girls who have been through this.
    The topper looks great everywhere except the part area and it seems to look wiggy there. This particular topper has a shitty base that has dark spots all over it. These spots show through.
    The front of the hairpiece just will not blend with my hair no matter what I do. Any ideas???
    The color is great and the hair is pretty.
    The lady that I had cut it took the clips off and sewed in smaller clips. I didn't notice until I got home that she used black thread. Now it looks like little black bumps on my scalp. So, not only did she charge me entirely too much...I will have to redo these if I ever wear it. I am agravated.
    Any ideas girls?

2. fancifixinz

fancifixinz Guest

Can you remove the thread and redo it with invisible thread??????? Just a thought. :? fancifixinz

3. KY girl

KY girl Guest

I have actually decided against doing anything cosmetic at this point. I was going to post to see if there is anyone here that would want this topper. i am not sure it would be any good for anyone, but it may be worth a shot. Any takers, let me know.

4. dorothy

dorothy Guest

Kygirl-- sounds like you are having the same problem with your topper that I am having with mine (all 3!!!!). It is so frusturating because I have seen people with hair that looks great and I just can't seem to get any luck.
    Dorothy

5. KY girl

KY girl Guest

Yeah...it sucks. I have just decided to take a break from even attempting to find a solution at this point.
    Dorothy-I think our hair loss is very similar. Are you still trying to find a medical reason?
    I am having thyroid problems again....huge lump, muscle aches, being lethargic, headache, etc. Of course, my TSH is "normal" .
    What is your next step?

6. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

Black thread...why on earth????? Invisible thread is the staple of wig makers. Why she did this is beyond me. Very frustrating for you. What is causing the black spots in the base?