Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

natural instincts semi permanent hair color

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by CYNDI2008, Jul 21, 2013.

1. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

I was wondering if anyone uses semi perm hair color.. I wanted to start
    using it but was nervous it might make me shed? anyone have experience with this
    what do you think?
    thanks ladies!

2. CKingAnswers

CKingAnswers Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I use permanent hair color and haven't experienced sheds. Do you typically have any scalp issues/irritations? If not you should be fine.

3. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

thanks for your reply Cking .. that's good to know! no, no scalp issues .. just wasn't sure if the chemicals would aggravate my scalp, im starting to see more and more grays and I don't know how much longer I can go on like this lol . my hair is finally at a normal shed and I don't want to mess with it.. eventually I have to get the nerve up and just color it!! wow, I haven't colored my hair since I'm 18... thanks again :)

4. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I colored my hair for years w/o a problem before I started losing it. My first derm said it was even a good idea, made the hair feel fuller. After a bad dye job on my own many years ago I always have my hair colored in a salon using high-quality products.

5. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

thanks Lily .. that's great to know you didn't experience any additional hair loss :) do you still color you hair?

6. soul1111

soul1111 Guest

I have flakey scalp that doesn't respond too good to phramaceutical products. ACV sometimes helps and sometimes doesn't. It also gets itchy sometimes. I am planning get my hair coloured but the thought Androgenetic Alopecia getting aggravated scares me. I also have oily scalp. Any thoughts what are the possible consequences of using dye on oily and flakey scalp?

I read in another forum that dye is a bit drying, so it might help oily scalp...

7. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, although very little of my bio hair shows when I'm wearing my topper.

8. fujikochan

fujikochan New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I use Natural Instincts (the semi-permanent type, 10 minute color creme) because it makes my hair look and feel thicker. This type of coloring works by coating the hair and then wearing off as time goes on. It also helps fill in the little "cracks" my hair has because of its rough texture. I'm post-menopausal thanks to a hysterectomy, so not only do I have Androgenetic Alopecia, I have lovely, wiry, post-menopausal "cotton candy" hair. Sadly, it only lasts about a week on my hair before fading away, but it doesn't seem to do any damage.