Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

nervous

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by PCJ3, May 24, 2010.

1. PCJ3

PCJ3 Guest

So, I am getting my hair cut for the first time in June... I haven't had it cut since Jan. and that was before finding out I had Alopecia Areata. Right now I have a spot on the top of my head that is like a sliver dollar in size. and right in the middle there is about 3 inches of hair that has grown back. Plus there is hair every where else growing other then in about 20% of the spot. SO overall i am having good success and should complain.

My stylist knows and has seen it once when it was a quater size and hair was coming in.... since then it has doubled. As I already said. However I'm so nervous what will be think or say when they see it how will she feel cutting my hair.

also I need some suggestions. my hair is shoulder length and it really needs cut bad... but I need some ideas of how to cut it so I can still pull the front up to cover my bald spot..... please help getting really nervous.

Thanks ladies.

2. Vlal

Vlal Guest

Aww! It's really nerve wracking having hair cut with hair loss issues. If it's any consolation, hair stylists do tend to see quite a bit of hair loss so it may be the case that they have seen worse than yours before. I have a friend who has Alopecia Areata and has lost massive areas of hair, but her hair stylist is very sensitive with her and treats her with care and understanding. I think the fact you have already seen this hair stylist with your hair loss (even if it was not so bad) is an encouraging sign. The stylist should be there to make you feel good and to encourage and help you to find the best hair style to suit your situation. If not, then they are not the stylist for you!

I once went to have my 'hair' (what was left of it) cut after I had allowed it to grow back from shaving. I was so nervous about it. I had the salon owner (a man) cut it in the late afternoon, when all the other customers had gone. He was very good at helping me to pick a style that was achieveable with what I had. Even though the hair was never to be seen at the time because I was wearing scarves, I wanted something that would look ok when I was around the house and in front of my family.

When you say you pull the front up, do you mean you use a clip or something? If you can post a pic (with your face blocked out) it might help for people to suggest styles that would suit you.