Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

New cut...

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by kitkatkitkat3, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Thanks guys :)

I would be ok if it stopped now you know and more didnt grow back!! It just is still shedding unfortunately - the hairdresser did say she could see lots of new hairs though which is good - I seem to be losing and growing in equal measure at the moment!

Helen - thanks! I have worn my part on the side in the past and sometimes it just doens't want to do it - but since its gotten thinner it's been ok although the occasional strand seems to pop back over! Maybe your hair is just so full and bouncy that's why it wont work!!

2. angieangie

angieangie Guest

IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL ALI! I wish I had chosen to cut my hair at that length... but my hair grows about an inch or more a month, so I'll hopefully get there quickly.

3. Thanks Angie :woot:

It looks hilarious this morning - my hair has a natural wave and the fringe has gone totally haywire! I need to tame it with some straightners.

I need to make it look nice today - am going to quite a nice restaurant for a family thing - I haven't seen my grandma in about a year...she knows about the probs I've been having but I think she's going to be shocked - last time she saw me I had a big thick wavy mass of hair and it's half of that now....really dont want to dwell on this, it makes me so sad :(

4. livEyourlife

livEyourlife Guest

Aw, I didn't get to see the bangs pics!

Do you like them kitkat?

5. Redheaduk

Redheaduk Guest

Oh no - I missed the pics.

From now on you are only allowed to put pictures up mid-week so that I'm at work to see them!

6. Oh sorry!
    Here is another one - this was yesterday at a family birthday - it took ages to get it like this - thickening shampoos and sprays, blow drying, curling to make it look bigger...in the end I was satisfied with it. But I was a bit upset as a couple of relatives who hadn't seen me since this whole thing but knew about it said 'Ahhh, you still look lovely darling, but I can see what's happened...such a shame, you used to have such beautiful thick hair.'
    Didn't really need to be reminded of it! From looking at this I guess you'd never know what's underneath that top layer as in my other thread!
    Anyway - my new haircut:

7. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

Your hair looks good!

You have the most gorgeous skin kitkat!!!!!!!!! :freaked:

8. Thankyou BH. Because I have such sensitive skin Ive hardly put anything on it for years! I never ever wear makeup other than my eyes, and I just cleanse every morning and night and moisturise twice a day. I think I'm lucky with skin - my mum and grandma both have lovely skin too.

9. Angela75

Angela75 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Kitkat, where do you live again? That scenery behind you is BEAUTIFUL! it almost looks TOO beautiful... like it's only a backdrop or something ;p But i know it is real... wish we had scenery that beautiful in Texas... :(

10. This is about 20 mins outside of London! It's in a national trust park - called Cliveden. Absolutely beautiful there!

11. Pearl

Pearl Guest

I love your new cut! Very attractive! The length and style really bring out your natural wave. You're so pretty!

12. alicat

alicat Guest

You look great!

13. livEyourlife

livEyourlife Guest

aH! the bangs look great!
    it works really well with the rest of your hair!

14. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Ali, it looks so pretty curly. I find it looks really thick. Even thicker than a lot of people without hair loss.

15. Lee112780

Lee112780 Guest

she looks SOOOOOO weird!! you are very pretty by the way!

16. Redheaduk

Redheaduk Guest

Ta Kitkat, you look great.
    I know it took you ages to get that much volume but it really does look fab.

17. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Your hair looks normal in this photo, KitKat!

We're all looking at the pretty face more anyway!

18. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

greatttttttttttttt haircut you would never know you have hair loss with that cut it gives it so much volume on top, plus your so beautiful...........all the ladies on this board are hot mamas woohooooooo

19. Thanks so much for all the compliments! I've never had so many!

I actually have some news...I wasnt sure whether to put this but what the heck! You may have seen in another thread that after a few weeks of reduced shed, I had a really bad week last week culminating in Saturday where it jumped back up to at least 200 hairs, leaving me a crying mess, sobbing to my boyfriend 'make it stop make it stop' over and over like a crazy lady! Anyway - someone must've been listening - because it's stopped. And I mean really STOPPED. Sunday - no more than 15 hairs, yesterday (wash day) 30 tops and today, no more than 10 as yet. Instead of feeling excited I am so scared to move in case a whole load come out! I cant understand it - I feel like it might be some cruel trick my body is playing and it wont last, but please keep your fingers crossed for me!

I found this old picture of me - this is where I want to be in 6 months - I want all this hair back and I'm being positive about the possibility that I might! Ignore the weird pouty face - I think I was in the middle of saying something when it was taken!!

20. alicat

alicat Guest

Not to sound like a weirdo--but I love your body! You have a great figure and people are probably checking out your figure more than your hair!

:punk: